Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7


16 Jun 2009   #1

Vista 64bit
 
 
Windows 7

I hope I have this in the right place. Can someone tell me if they know if the windows 7 going to be free to us that have vista or will we be stuck paying for it. And if so will it be worth paying for. (sorry if I posted this in the wrong category)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jun 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

It will cost money

Edit: i'm sure most of the people here will agree it is without a doubt worth getting. I will be buying it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mgregory420 View Post
I hope I have this in the right place. Can someone tell me if they know if the windows 7 going to be free to us that have vista or will we be stuck paying for it. And if so will it be worth paying for. (sorry if I posted this in the wrong category)
My understanding is that specific OEM's may give free copies of Windows 7 to people that purchase a computer with Vista pre-installed after a certain date.

Only time will tell though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Jun 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote:
My understanding is that specific OEM's may give free copies of Windows 7 to people that purchase a computer with Vista pre-installed after a certain date.
I have unnderstood it to be this way too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #5

Win 7, Win 8, Ubuntu (64 bit)
 
 

The general story is that machines with Vista OEM will get an upgrade, but I'm not sure which manufacturers this will involve.

It's a moot point, anyway, since you can just use the RC/RTM until 7 ships, instead of Vista. 7 beta only lacks some specialized drivers, really.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #6

Vista 64bit
 
 

That kinda stinks considering I just bought a new pc in Feb. I just hope it dont cost like it did with vista.
Im running Vista 64 bit Home Premium
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Someone from Hewlett-Packard recently comfirmed to me that certain people would receive a free copy. He didn't go into details though. The person may have lied though. O.O
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #8

Windows 7 RTM
 
 

only yesterday i read a note from MS saying that there will bo NO free copies of Windows 7 no matter what.
they indeed said some time ago something about free upgrades for those who recently bought PC's from specified manufacturers with Vista but as for now they've abandoned this idea.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bloodhound View Post
only yesterday i read a note from MS saying that there will bo NO free copies of Windows 7 no matter what.
they indeed said some time ago something about free upgrades for those who recently bought PC's from specified manufacturers with Vista but as for now they've abandoned this idea.
Link to this note please?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #10

Windows 7 RTM
 
 

can't find it at the moment... it was posted on one of the polish sites... argh, i'll look for it and post a link.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33