Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Curious Cursor Conundrum.

06 Jan 2011   #1
Xantutsuken

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Curious Cursor Conundrum.

For some odd reason my cursor circles, as if busy, and freezes Windows for a few minutes. I just purchased this computer in May of last year and it's had the problem ever since. At first I thought it was internet related, but today it was the straw that broke the camel's back when it froze for a few minutes upon loading up the calculator.

I keep my computer very clean, I scan malware, adware, etc. religiously; it's not infected with anything whatsoever. I've searched high and low for any solutions to the problem and I was lead to these forums by this thread:

Freezing busy cursor

They have the exact same problem I have, though I don't have the computer actually freeze to the point of manually rebooting it. It simply freezes for a few minutes then I can continue using Windows. Alas, I don't see any solutions in their thread. Was hoping there'd be better luck with mine.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jan 2011   #2
the jimmy

Win 7 32bit HP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Xantutsuken View Post
For some odd reason my cursor circles, as if busy, and freezes Windows for a few minutes. I just purchased this computer in May of last year and it's had the problem ever since. At first I thought it was internet related, but today it was the straw that broke the camel's back when it froze for a few minutes upon loading up the calculator.

I keep my computer very clean, I scan malware, adware, etc. religiously; it's not infected with anything whatsoever. I've searched high and low for any solutions to the problem and I was lead to these forums by this thread:

Freezing busy cursor

They have the exact same problem I have, though I don't have the computer actually freeze to the point of manually rebooting it. It simply freezes for a few minutes then I can continue using Windows. Alas, I don't see any solutions in their thread. Was hoping there'd be better luck with mine.
Is this a name brand or custom build? If name brand computer have you uninstalled all the crapware that comes preinstalled? Check to see what is starting at bootup using msconfig or other third party solutions such as autoruns.

Fill out your system specs so we can better help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2011   #3
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Once your removed all the crap ware your system came with type msconfig in search box/ go to startup/ and uncheck items you DON'T need for your system to startup.
See my snap picture.
Attachment 129660
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Jan 2011   #4
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

That can also signal a failing hard drive. The manufacturer of your drive will have free diagnostics tools on their site that you can run.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2011   #5
Xantutsuken

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by the jimmy View Post
Is this a name brand or custom build? If name brand computer have you uninstalled all the crapware that comes preinstalled? Check to see what is starting at bootup using msconfig or other third party solutions such as autoruns.

Fill out your system specs so we can better help.
Uninstalled all the Dell Dock, etc. files as well as unchecked the misc startup programs. Will give it a day and see if any improvements are made.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
That can also signal a failing hard drive. The manufacturer of your drive will have free diagnostics tools on their site that you can run.
I wouldn't be surprised, Dell has usually been very kind to me over the years. This recent purchase had a fan die out within the first two months.

Also:


Attached Thumbnails
-ogc4v.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Curious Cursor Conundrum.




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Disk Installation Conundrum.
Hi guys, I'm new to the forums, and I have something QUITE strange that is happening to me. I've built a pc for my friend, and I'm TRYING to install Win7 Ultimate x64. Specs: i7-3930k @(Currently Stock) Radeon 5450 16 GB Corsair Vengeance WD Blue 500GB Asrock Extreme6 X79 I looked on...
Installation & Setup
Tackling the Tablet Conundrum: Which One is Right For You?
Read more at: Maximum PC | Tackling the Tablet Conundrum: Which One is Right For You?
Chillout Room
The 32 Bit OS RAM and VRAM Conundrum
So here's my problem; I just installed 2 more GB of RAM to make the grand total 4. All well and good till there. I see that 3.49 GB is usable. That's understandable too because it's a 32 bit operating system. Subsequently however, I recalled that my graphics card had 1GB of video memory. So...
General Discussion
Apply classic arrow cursor to background and busy cursor?
Maybe this sounds weird, but I like the classic cursors and I want the cursor to stay the same whether it's showing a background or busy activity. I tried to capture the cursor and edit it with AWicons, but when I set it, the entire cursor just dissapears when I launch an app for example. But...
Customization
HELP - IE 8 Connection Conundrum
Hi all, just installed Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 today. Everything seemed to be working fine until I tried opening up IE 8 - "Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage". I tried opening up the 64-bit version of IE 8 - and here I am online just fine, posting on this forum. So IE 8 64-bit works...
Browsers & Mail
File sharing conundrum
Hey there, I hope you'll bear with me repeating what seems to be answered many times, but I'm having a problem with my windows 7 network, and I'm hoping someone here can help me shed some light on it. I have a home network with 5 computers. One of the computers (my girlfriend's) has a shared...
Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:50.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App