No idea whether this will work, somebody sent me the "fix" for some problems with temporary user profiles, I haven't tried it, but it's doubtless worth having a look at if you are having such problems; User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile - Vista Forums
1. Login using another local administrator account. (Make one if there isnt another).
2. Remove the corrupted user from Users in control panel.
3. Move the corresponding folder from the Documents and Settings (XP) or Users folder (Vista and Windows7) to the desktop of the newly created admin userís desktop.
4. Open regedit and navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList Find the key on the left that corresponds to the corrupted profile. Note the value of the string on the right called GUID. Delete all keys that list the corrupt user profile (.bak versions and regular).
5. THIS IS THE STEP THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO KB:
Go up a few lines in regedit to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileGuid.
6. Delete the key (keys?) within this ProfileGuid folder that match the value of the GUID string that you noted above.
7. Restart PC
8. Login as the temporarily created admin profile. Go to control panel and recreate the corrupted profile. (Make it an administrator at least temporarily so youíll be able to access the files we moved to the other adminís desktop if needed).
9. Logout and login as fixed user.
10. Copy any files from the temp adminís desktop where we copied the corrupted profiles data, into the appropriate places in the fixed profile. This includes My Documents,Favorites, Outlook data, and any other user data you need.
11. Once everything is working properly, you can remove the temp admin from control panel> Users and delete its folder.MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THE DATA YOU NEED BEFORE REMOVING THE TEMP ADMIN.
( I have no attribution for the original author).