Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can any1 help me

25 Jan 2011   #1
wavidinconstant

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Can any1 help me

Why when i tried to shut down my pc appeared : "waiting for background to be ready" but didn't appear any process can you tell me please>? Windows 7 Ultimate x 32


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jan 2011   #2
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

that always shows on shutdown if you have any windows or programmes still open they will show ,if you dont it doesn't have any to show .but it does have background processes being shutdown and doesn'yt list them ,there would be too many i guess.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2011   #3
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

What is the problem - does the system not shut down?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Jan 2011   #4
wavidinconstant

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

i just installed windows and at first restart appeared "waiting for background to be ready" wtf :|
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2011   #5
DeVandal

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Are you translating something to or from English? We think that you are referring to a standard Windows prompt "Waiting for background programs to close"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2011   #6
wavidinconstant

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Ok listen man. I just installed my windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. At the first restart appeared "waiting for background to be ready" but didn't show any program in progress. What happened ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2011   #7
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

That sometimes, but not always, happens with mine, and I suspect other peoples too. It just simply means that Windows is waiting for background programs (e.g. services) to terminate safely before closing down, either for shutdown or a restart. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2011   #8
Luckystar

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM + SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
That sometimes, but not always, happens with mine, and I suspect other peoples too. It just simply means that Windows is waiting for background programs (e.g. services) to terminate safely before closing down, either for shutdown or a restart. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong.
Ditto for me, only ocassionally but it happens.

As said though, is the PC shutting down normally??

Lucky
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2011   #9
DeVandal

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wavidinconstant View Post
Ok listen man. I just installed my windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. At the first restart appeared "waiting for background to be ready" but didn't show any program in progress. What happened ?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wavidinconstant View Post
Why when i tried to shut down my pc appeared : "waiting for background to be ready" but didn't appear any process can you tell me please>? Windows 7 Ultimate x 32
So, which is it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can any1 help me




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
HELP!!! Brink or any1 professional I NEED HELP!!
Hello Brink (or anyone else), I have so many problems in my laptop, lets start one by one!! 1- CD/DVD ROM autorun NOT WORKiNG!!!!! When I open any CD/DVD the icon and the autorun features disappeared from Windows !!!! can I reinstall it!!??? 2- Processes not Working correctly!!! Example: I...
General Discussion
Can any1 help me with this ?
I was trying to change icons using Icon Packager & changed the icons to some custom ones. The when i tried to revert back to windows default ones, many icons could not change to their default ones. http://i53.tinypic.com/34j2dzm.jpg & I'm not able to fix this. The thumbnail previews are...
Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App