Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: beta serials


08 Jan 2009   #1

7600 x86
 
 
beta serials

according to Paul Thurrott's site, the official beta being released friday is in fact the 7000 build. this means that any of us who are running it unactivated should be able to just grab a beta serial, right? or will we actually have to download the ISO in order to get a serial? if it's only going to be made available to the first 2.5 million people, it will go pretty quick. i don't know what time it will be released, but i'm in europe so there's a big time difference. my connection isn't great so it would take me a while to get the 2+ GB ISO...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Jan 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate Beta 7000
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by garbanzo View Post
according to Paul Thurrott's site, the official beta being released friday is in fact the 7000 build. this means that any of us who are running it unactivated should be able to just grab a beta serial, right? or will we actually have to download the ISO in order to get a serial? if it's only going to be made available to the first 2.5 million people, it will go pretty quick. i don't know what time it will be released, but i'm in europe so there's a big time difference. my connection isn't great so it would take me a while to get the 2+ GB ISO...
good to know that the beta released will be 7000 so i wont have to worry about updating but i thought you could only get serials/iso's if you were an msdn subscriber (unless you are but im not)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2009   #3

7600 x86
 
 

no i'm not. but i imagine they have to provide some kind of activation for people who grab the public beta. otherwise no updates. and the 7000 build runs out too quick, there must be a way to extend it to august...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Jan 2009   #4

 

There will be keys provided to the public on Friday with the download
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate Beta 7000
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
There will be keys provided to the public on Friday with the download
wow good thing you told me that cause i dont want to miss out!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2009   #6

7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
There will be keys provided to the public on Friday with the download
i understand that. but what i'm curious to know is whether a key can be obtained without a download? can i visit the site on friday and just get a key since i already have an ISO of the 7000 build?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate Beta 7000
 
 

Yeah good point I'm interested to know that now too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2009   #8

 
 

Lets hope so, otherwise I've just wasted 3.15GB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2009   #9

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by garbanzo View Post
i understand that. but what i'm curious to know is whether a key can be obtained without a download? can i visit the site on friday and just get a key since i already have an ISO of the 7000 build?
If it works the way that Vista did then they will email you a key when you register for the download.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2009   #10

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

yeah i agree with z3...

most likely if not you will have to sign on and then they will email you the link to the ISO and in that said email the key...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 beta serials




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33