|11 Mar 2011||#3|
| || |
Fairly easy to do. Excel can find the missing items. You can "pipe" the list of files into a text file and then open that in Excel with this command:
dir /b > list.txt
You'll need to be in your folder at a command prompt to run that command. Then open list.txt in Excel.
Follow these steps in Excel to find the missing numbers:
It is assumed the list is sorted.
1. Highlight the second number all the way down to the last. So if your numbers are in cells A1 down to A100, please highlight cells A2 to A100.2. Click on Format - Conditional Formatting
3. Click on the "Cell Value Is" dropdown list, then click on "Formula Is"
4. In the box to the right, type +(A2-A1)>1
5. Click on the "Format" button, the "Patterns" tab, and the background color that you like.
6. Click on the "OK" button.
7. Click on the "Add »" button.
8. Click on the "Cell Value Is" dropdown list, then click on "Formula Is"
9. In the box to the right, type +(A2-A3)<-1
10. Click on the "Format" button, the "Patterns" tab, and the background color that you like.
11. Click on the "OK" button. Click on the Conditional Formatting dialog box's "OK" button.
Numbers before and after a missing number will be in color now.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Find missing files in a row of consecutively numbered files|
|Show hidden files --> Files now missing||Backup and Restore|
|.wma files appears as .dat files in Temporary Internet Files folder||Browsers & Mail|
|drive c cant find files and it has old files from previous windows 7||Drivers|
|How do I find what files were deleted?||General Discussion|
|Cannot find minidump files||BSOD Help and Support|
|How can I find my Restore files?||Backup and Restore|
|Search does not find files||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.