Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: No Login Screen


08 Jul 2009   #1

Windows 7 RTM SP1 6.1.7601.17517 x64 (Signature Edition)
 
 
No Login Screen

Ok so I was on Windows 7 7231 x86
So I upgraded to Windows 7 7264 x86
And when It was done I turnd it on and there was no login screen
Just a black screen and my mouse

Im think that If I wait for the next build I can upgrade to that and it will be all good what do u guys think

And please I need help.

PS
I dual booted it with XP so I can go on the XP Admin account and get all my stuff back so thats not a problem.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Jul 2009   #2

Server 2008 R2 SP1, Win7 x64 Pro SP1
 
 

Please go to the Safe Mode, and re-install the graphic driver.

I believe you will enjoy the W 7 again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2009   #3

Windows 7 RTM SP1 6.1.7601.17517 x64 (Signature Edition)
 
 

How do I do that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Jul 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
safe mode

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Converseallstar95 View Post
How do I do that
first in xp download the driver for your graphics card, save it either on cd or someplace where you can get to it. then reboot while its re-booting hit F8 and it should put you in safe mode (which doesn't use the display driver) and when its finisihed rebooting install the display driver and that hsould be it.

Let us know if that doesn't work

Hope this helped

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2009   #5
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello Converseallstar,

This tutorial below can help show you how to boot into safe mode. Once in it, see if reinstalling your graphics driver may help. If not, then see if a repair install may.

Safe Mode - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2009   #6

Vista Ult 64bit - Windows 7 Ult 7264 64bit
 
 

Not sure if it's your graphics driver that's causing this, but something didn't work properly during the upgrade process. Upgrades have been disabled in the RC - RTM branch, and you must have modded the cversion file to get it to work, but I always say that MS has disabled the upgrade process for a reason, and it's not really a wise thing to work around that.

It could be any number of things that's stopping the installation from completing properly, since you say this is first boot after the upgrade. But usually it means that the installation failed in some manner, you may not even be able to access safe mode if the install is corrupt. I would run a Repair install first and if that still fails, do a clean install, not an Upgrade.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2009   #7

Windows 7 RTM SP1 6.1.7601.17517 x64 (Signature Edition)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
first in xp download the driver for your graphics card, save it either on cd or someplace where you can get to it. then reboot while its re-booting hit F8 and it should put you in safe mode (which doesn't use the display driver) and when its finisihed rebooting install the display driver and that hsould be it.

Let us know if that doesn't work

Hope this helped

Ken
How do I download the driver?
But how do I install it on 7?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Converseallstar,

This tutorial below can help show you how to boot into safe mode. Once in it, see if reinstalling your graphics driver may help. If not, then see if a repair install may.

Safe Mode - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn
I know how to boot into Safe mode
I dont know how to reinstall my graphics driver
And for that repair I wanted to try that but Im on the latest version so how do I upgrade

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Not sure if it's your graphics driver that's causing this, but something didn't work properly during the upgrade process. Upgrades have been disabled in the RC - RTM branch, and you must have modded the cversion file to get it to work, but I always say that MS has disabled the upgrade process for a reason, and it's not really a wise thing to work around that.

It could be any number of things that's stopping the installation from completing properly, since you say this is first boot after the upgrade. But usually it means that the installation failed in some manner, you may not even be able to access safe mode if the install is corrupt. I would run a Repair install first and if that still fails, do a clean install, not an Upgrade.
How do I do a repair install

And the only thing I did was Run it in Compatibilty for Vista SP2
A thread here said thats the only way to get it to upgrade to an RTM
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2009   #8
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Converseallstar,

To do a repair install, use your Windows 7 7264 x86 installation disk to do the instructions at the link below. If it still will not work for you, then you will need to do a clean install instead of a upgrade.

Repair Install

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2009   #9

Windows 7 RTM SP1 6.1.7601.17517 x64 (Signature Edition)
 
 

Hey thanks Ill try that in an hour
Upped all ur reps
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2009   #10

Windows 7 RTM SP1 6.1.7601.17517 x64 (Signature Edition)
 
 

Ok guys sorry for not telling you what happened

But the repair install didnt work it kept trying to load the installer from the H drive and thats my backup drive

So I just did a clean install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 No Login Screen




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33