|29 Apr 2011||#2|
hi there and welcome to the forums if you could fill out your system specs to help establish any problems you have it would greatly help readers of the forum
Perform a SFC Scan (System File Check)
1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
2. Type the following command, sfc /scannow and then press ENTER:
(A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time)
3. If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Windows 7 DVD for this process to continue
4. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
5. After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer. (TIP repeat scan 3 times)
see also How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7 >>> How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot >>> How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:06.