Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Taskbar disappears

11 Dec 2009   #51
Wiss

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

I too have this problem but I found another solution "temporary" which is creating a shortcut to the screensaver I use "Digg spy screensaver" to easily activate it whenever the taskbar disappears..


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Dec 2009   #52
Starnamer

 

I had this start happening after installing the System 47 screensaver from mewho.com. It looks like it's the fault or the screensaver since the trick of previewing/cancelling restores it. I've changed to a difference screensaver so hopefully it's fixed.

[P.S. display adapter is Nvidia GeForce 9500M GS]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2009   #53
ricoman

Win 7 pro x64
 
 

I would disagree that it is the fault of the screensaver because it happens when the screensaver comes on. It didn't happen with XP or Vista, so something in 7 is in conflict 3rd party screensavers. Seems to me that if they can develop a nice OS like 7, they could fix the problem. They just don't seem to care.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Dec 2009   #54
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ricoman View Post
I would disagree that it is the fault of the screensaver because it happens when the screensaver comes on. It didn't happen with XP or Vista, so something in 7 is in conflict 3rd party screensavers. Seems to me that if they can develop a nice OS like 7, they could fix the problem. They just don't seem to care.
This would be a problem with the guys that wrote the screensaver, not Seven...

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2009   #55
Timelord

W7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ricoman View Post
I would disagree that it is the fault of the screensaver because it happens when the screensaver comes on. It didn't happen with XP or Vista, so something in 7 is in conflict 3rd party screensavers. Seems to me that if they can develop a nice OS like 7, they could fix the problem. They just don't seem to care.
This would be a problem with the guys that wrote the screensaver, not Seven...

~Lordbob

No you are wrong. This IS a problem with Windows 7. The taskbar should be more resilient to this type of issue as it was with all previous versions of windows.

This isn't just happening with one third party screen saver, it's happening with a number of them.

A number of screen savers that ran fine on the previous O/S's. Somethings changed, and surely one day, MS are going to find out about this and fix the 'problem'. Unfortunately, because the probability is that it's easier to make contact with aliens than get technical issues through to Microsoft!, it may be some time before they realise and address the issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2009   #56
ricoman

Win 7 pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ricoman View Post
I would disagree that it is the fault of the screensaver because it happens when the screensaver comes on. It didn't happen with XP or Vista, so something in 7 is in conflict 3rd party screensavers. Seems to me that if they can develop a nice OS like 7, they could fix the problem. They just don't seem to care.
This would be a problem with the guys that wrote the screensaver, not Seven...

~Lordbob

No you are wrong. This IS a problem with Windows 7. The taskbar should be more resilient to this type of issue as it was with all previous versions of windows.

This isn't just happening with one third party screen saver, it's happening with a number of them.

A number of screen savers that ran fine on the previous O/S's. Somethings changed, and surely one day, MS are going to find out about this and fix the 'problem'. Unfortunately, because the probability is that it's easier to make contact with aliens than get technical issues through to Microsoft!, it may be some time before they realise and address the issue.
Yes, I agree. These are all the same screensavers that ran fine with XP & Vista. They haven't changed, the OS changed. MS already has our money, they're in no rush to fix such a minor problem. They have always been a little arrogant that way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2009   #57
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Oh so I am wrong now huh?

Well the real issues is that something changed in MS' coding in the taskbar that is not causing a glitch with the coding of the screensaver. It really is not either parties fault, but the fault is still there. The best idea is to either not use that screensaver, or go back to XP/ Vista.

You might try disabling different things in the taskbar to find the specific area. Try turning off aero too.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2009   #58
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Quote:
No you are wrong. This IS a problem with Windows 7. The taskbar should be more resilient to this type of issue as it was with all previous versions of windows.
Timelord ...I think I have to disagree with your reasoning. This is a third party application, and it's up to the (code)author to make it compatible with the version of Windows 7 you're using.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2009   #59
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
Quote:
No you are wrong. This IS a problem with Windows 7. The taskbar should be more resilient to this type of issue as it was with all previous versions of windows.
Timelord ...I think I have to disagree with your reasoning. This is a third party application, and it's up to the (code)author to make it compatible with the version of Windows 7 you're using.
+1 what I was saying.

Thanks for the backup.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2009   #60
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Quote:
This would be a problem with the guys that wrote the screensaver, not Seven
You are right and I also thank you for pointing it out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Taskbar disappears




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Taskbar disappears whenever I maximize any program
My taskbar disappears whenever I maximize any program. In other words, whenever I maximize any program, such as Outlook or Internet Explorer, for example, either the bottom of the window is covering the taskbar, or the taskbar is disappearing ... in any case, the taskbar becomes no longer visible....
General Discussion
Taskbar disappears
On my laptop, the task bar is at the bottom when my desktop is present. When I open my browser (Firefox), the task bar disappears and I can't get it to reappear. I right clicked on the task bar and made sure that the "lock tasbar" was checked. Any suggestions?
General Discussion
Taskbar disappears
I am running Win 7 home premium on both my laptop and my desktop. The laptop has a unique problem. When I boot up, the task bar is not visible. I can move my mouse pointer down to the bottom of the screen and it appears and stays that way until I reboot. I have right clicked on the task bar and...
General Discussion
Taskbar Disappears and Reappears- odd behaviour
I wasn't sure which sub forum to put this on so I put this here yes the taskbar for my Win 7 Home Premium seems to like to disappear and reappear a few seconds later, its been doing that a lot today and whats more, Mozilla seems to just stop responding every now and then as well, although it...
General Discussion
Strange icon disappears from taskbar
I wonder, if someone know, what means this icon? http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3110/strangeicon.png This appears rarely, maybe after three days. I got it on my taskbar, corner and I can't get no tittle about, I just move cursor on it and that gones. Is this a virus? I tried to scan my PC...
System Security
Taskbar sometimes disappears
What up with that? I am running a freshly installed Win7 x64 Ultimate (installed yesterday according to all the installation cannons and all), and my taskbar keeps disappearing at times. I can bring it back by right-clicking on the place it usually is and then change some preference; nevertheless...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:48.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App