I'm embarrassed, as I should have taken notes on how to reverse this at whatever point in the past I implemented this tweak.
I cannot pin an application to the taskbar.
- I do not believe it's the IsShortcut problem, and I've tried the LNK restore anyway.
- I do have the "Pin to Start Menu" option.
- I've tried the "enable" part of this regpatch.
- I've also tried the regpatch at the bottom of this page.
- The change was made far enough back that a system restore won't work.
- While I do have the legitimate copy of Windows 7 that came with the purchase of my laptop, I don't believe I have a restore CD/DVD by which I could do a repair install, and, in all honesty, that option is highly unappealing to me.
Does anyone have any advice as to what I might investigate next in order to restore this option? I'm tapped out of ideas and my Google-fu
doesn't appear to be turning up anything new.