Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: So if I were to buy Vista Ultimate Upgrade now...


15 Jul 2009   #1

Windows 7 RC
 
 
So if I were to buy Vista Ultimate Upgrade now...

Would I be eligible to receive a Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade? I know if I were to buy the Vista Ultimate full version, I'd be eligible for a Windows 7 Upgrade but what about the Ultimate Upgrade version? I'm currently a student and I can get Vista Ultimate Upgrade for $65 via Microsoft's ultimate steal deal. I'd get that now if I knew I could get Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade free (or $10 shipping/handling). I'd also like to know if I'd actually get the boxed version since I hate disk sleeves.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Jul 2009   #2

Win 7
 
 

No it does not qualify for the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2009   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rising View Post
Would I be eligible to receive a Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade? I know if I were to buy the Vista Ultimate full version, I'd be eligible for a Windows 7 Upgrade but what about the Ultimate Upgrade version? I'm currently a student and I can get Vista Ultimate Upgrade for $65 via Microsoft's ultimate steal deal. I'd get that now if I knew I could get Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade free (or $10 shipping/handling). I'd also like to know if I'd actually get the boxed version since I hate disk sleeves.
I believe that you can upgrade from XP (am I right?)

If not, then there might be a student discount......

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Jul 2009   #4

Win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
I believe that you can upgrade from XP (am I right?)

If not, then there might be a student discount......

~Lordbob
I think your mixing this up with the upgrade disc's

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YupYup View Post
The "Upgrade Option Program" is a completely different program intended to give you a free copy of windows 7 when you purchase a qualifying vista version or a new machine that comes with vista preinstalled. If you are looking to purchase a windows 7 upgrade disc you are looking in the wrong area, you will need to visit the microsoft store for your country or online retailer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2009   #5

Windows 7 RC
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YupYup View Post
No it does not qualify for the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program
Okay, I read that and it states:

"Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Starter Edition, and all editions of Windows XP as well as ROEM SKUs, COEM SKUs, Academic SKUs and volume license SKUs are not eligible for the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program"

It says nothing of the Upgrade editions of Vista, unless you're referring to the "Academic SKU"? Or is that something different?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2009   #6

Win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rising View Post
Okay, I read that and it states:

"Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Starter Edition, and all editions of Windows XP as well as ROEM SKUs, COEM SKUs, Academic SKUs and volume license SKUs are not eligible for the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program"

It says nothing of the Upgrade editions of Vista, unless you're referring to the "Academic SKU"? Or is that something different?
Yes i was referring to the "Academic SKU"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2009   #7

Windows 7 RC
 
 

Heh, figures. Not really surprised though considering. Hopefully Windows 7 Ultimate shows up as a student deal shortly after release. Considering they'd like to bury Vista after 7 comes out, I don't see why not. Thanks for the help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Oct 2009   #8
Microsoft MVP

 

You can get $29 Windows 7 Pro NOW with .edu email addy, calling MS.

Full Retail Version of Pro For Students only 29.99
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Oct 2009   #9

Windows Seven x64
 
 

Like gregrocker said you can ONLY GET Home or Pro not Ultimate versions if you are a student.. For only $30 not including shipping..

I was able to get Pro the FULL Version (according to the rep) for only $36


!!YOU HAVE TO BE A STUDENT IN ORDER TO GET THIS DEAL!!
AND AN E-MAIL ADDRESS WITH .edu

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
You can get $29 Windows 7 Pro NOW with .edu email addy, calling MS.

Full Retail Version of Pro For Students only 29.99

Hope this Helps..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 So if I were to buy Vista Ultimate Upgrade now...




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: So if I were to buy Vista Ultimate Upgrade now...
Thread Forum
Vista Ultimate OEM upgrade to Windows 7 Installation & Setup
Can i go upgrade Vista Ultimate to 7 Enterprise? General Discussion
Ultimate Vista to 7 Upgrade - how long ? Installation & Setup
Trouble upgrade from Vista Ultimate(32) - 7 Ultimate 32 Installation & Setup
BSOD During upgrade from Vista Ultimate to 7 Ultimate Installation & Setup
How much to upgrade vista ultimate to windows 7 General Discussion
Upgrade from Vista Ultimate 32bit? Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33