Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Upgrading the Right Way


10 Jun 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Upgrading the Right Way

Interesting article for you to ponder over...........
5 PC Upgrades Almost Everyone Does Wrong (and How to Do Them Right) | PCWorld


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jun 2011   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Yes,interesting article.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2011   #3

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Yes,interesting article.
the article is titled "5 PC Upgrades...", but i could only count 4...it briefly mentions graphics cards, but has no upgrade advice for them.

it also mentions antistatic bracelets - i've never used one in all my years of mucking around inside pc's - does anybody else here actually use them?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Jun 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post

it also mentions antistatic bracelets - i've never used one in all my years of mucking around inside pc's - does anybody else here actually use them?

Nope, never use them. Just discharge myself before tinkering. Never burned out anything with a static discharge myself.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2011   #5

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

last time i changed my ram i used my wifes marigolds (rubber dish-washing gloves)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2011   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Yes,interesting article.
the article is titled "5 PC Upgrades...", but i could only count 4...it briefly mentions graphics cards, but has no upgrade advice for them.

it also mentions antistatic bracelets - i've never used one in all my years of mucking around inside pc's - does anybody else here actually use them?
MM,
I use my wife's Life Alert bracelet when working on my computer.
Just push the button and all your neighbors come over to see what a mess I've made.
It is blue in color which match my eyes before I get shocked. hehehe
Have a great week end.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2011   #7

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

I use the static band when I think of it. Usually after I already started and then I have to find it.

Except when I built this last August. First build.
Always had it on when dealing with electronic components except the cooler.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2011   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
I use the static band when I think of it. Usually after I already started and then I have to find it.

Except when I built this last August. First build.
Always had it on when dealing with electronic components except the cooler.

Mike,
Don't you wear one when opening a can of your favorite brew or are one of those
that drink from the box?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I've never worn one, either, in well over a decade of building computers and working on them. I do always discharge myself before beginning though. That sounds much dirtier than it is...I mean I touch something metal, like the workbench.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2011   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (Technet)
 
 

Never worn one myself. I have one, and even a mat that it attaches to. Looks impressive, but I find it useless.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Upgrading the Right Way




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Upgrading the Right Way
Thread Forum
Solved Upgrading PC Hardware & Devices
Upgrading pc Graphic Cards
upgrading gpu from gts 250 1gb? Graphic Cards
upgrading PSU Hardware & Devices
Upgrading help Installation & Setup
Upgrading to SSD Performance & Maintenance
upgrading to 64 General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33