Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Search Does Not Work Properly.

25 Jun 2011   #1
North Antri

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Windows 7 Search Does Not Work Properly.

Hello, I seem to be having an annoying problem with my Windows search. (The one at the bottom of the 'Start' menu..)

The past few months it doesn't search for files I KNOW are on the computer. (In my documents)

It just says 'No items match your search'.

My search settings are as follows



This is REALLY frustrating. I hope someone can help! Thanks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Jun 2011   #2
Dzomlija

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by North Antri View Post
Hello, I seem to be having an annoying problem with my Windows search. (The one at the bottom of the 'Start' menu..)

The past few months it doesn't search for files I KNOW are on the computer. (In my documents)

It just says 'No items match your search'.

My search settings are as follows



This is REALLY frustrating. I hope someone can help! Thanks!
Have a look at the tutorial Windows Search - Configure and Use. It may help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2011   #3
North Antri

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by North Antri View Post
Hello, I seem to be having an annoying problem with my Windows search. (The one at the bottom of the 'Start' menu..)

The past few months it doesn't search for files I KNOW are on the computer. (In my documents)

It just says 'No items match your search'.

My search settings are as follows



This is REALLY frustrating. I hope someone can help! Thanks!
Have a look at the tutorial Windows Search - Configure and Use. It may help.
Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for you in depth tutorial! Turned out (after reading about the many settings on your tutorial), my two partitions weren't indexed!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Jun 2011   #4
Dzomlija

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by North Antri View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by North Antri View Post
Hello, I seem to be having an annoying problem with my Windows search. (The one at the bottom of the 'Start' menu..)

The past few months it doesn't search for files I KNOW are on the computer. (In my documents)

It just says 'No items match your search'.

My search settings are as follows



This is REALLY frustrating. I hope someone can help! Thanks!
Have a look at the tutorial Windows Search - Configure and Use. It may help.
Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for you in depth tutorial! Turned out (after reading about the many settings on your tutorial), my two partitions weren't indexed!
Glad to have been able to help. All you need to do now if give the indexer a chance to complete the indexing of those two partitions, and you'll begin to notice just how good Windows Search really is!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Search Does Not Work Properly.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Search Doesn’t Work Properly – Yet Again!
I realise this subject has just about been done to death, e.g. by Lithium on 07-06-2011, but I just have to let off steam somehow - it really doesn't seem to work! Let me explain. I recently acquired an HP Pavilion dv7 laptop computer, with Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium pre-installed. ...
General Discussion
Windows update will not work properly
Hi all, I just posted in another thread the same problem but it was a little old so I decided to start this thread anyway. So, my problem is this. "Windows Update cannot check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer." Background information.
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Start Menu Search not working properly
This is what happens when I try to use the search feature on the start menu... as you can see it isn't working properly... I've looked already to see what possible fixes there are and have come across renaming/deleting the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre...
General Discussion
Drivers do not work properly after install of Windows 7
First let me give a bit of a backstory. I have an Acer laptop that I got recently that came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I bought a Windows 7 Upgrade CD before that to upgrade the computer I'm using right now from Vista to Windows 7. Anyway, I'm planning to sell the laptop. Windows...
Drivers
Does Litestep work properly with Windows 7?
Hi, recently i had tested out Litestep on windows 7 to see if it works properly.. it had loaded up and started the default theme, I then downloaded a skin and tried to apply it via the theme manager ... it had imported the theme however as it was to apply the theme it had crashed.. I reloaded...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App