Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30
Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister
I don't know which it is, but those look like some oriental language.
I was thinking Klingon.
Seriously, try Keyboard Input Languages.
I somehow had English-Zimbabwe installed on my PC. Maybe if the mp3 files are of a different language they may have undisplay-able characters.
Hi, and thanks again, yes its some sort of mumbo jumbo, but I stumbled across a fix. It was an firefox addon that downloaded the characters. I disabled the addon used another one and bingo no problems.
I did try the language and mine is set to english australian, i tried us but no difference.
I am interested though that xp can see the characters, but 7 cant. If i completely rewrote the file name in 7 it was good as new, even though it looked identical. I should have woken up earlier because i had in the folder i store this stuff 2 identical filenames, which as you know windows wont allow. it was the hidden characters that made the difference.
Maybe its time for a little nip of something. Thanks for your help again