Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: strange issue

06 Jul 2011   #1
NRT

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 
strange issue

im posting this wit a bit of pain... couple of days back, i've posted about adobe audition's icons problem (link: Planning 4 a new GFX Card.... ) but eventually i planned to buy a new GFX card as the graphics card might b the issue of this problem and also as per this forum too.. so i bought a new card.. reformatted windows 7, updated ati drivers and installed adobe audition, problem is still there in adobe audition's icons... plz see the attachments... one thing im sure that my old GFX card and new GFX card have this problem, im wonderin about wat wud b the real problem... plz plz help me...



Attached Thumbnails
strange issue-untitlednew.jpg   strange issue-untitled1new.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jul 2011   #2

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Hi there, I'm quite familiar with working in Audition. I find the interface more comfortable for my needs than the newer Soundbooth.

For just installing a new graphics card, you didn't have to reformat & reinstall 7, but a fresh clean start is great. I have a few questions for specifics...

1. How did you reinstall Windows 7? Did you restore from an image or do a clean install from your disc?

2. How did you install Adobe Audtion? Was it part of a CS collection? Do you have an .iso file you loaded, the retail disc, or a disc you made?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2011   #3

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Hello NRT, is the one on the left on a faulty computer and the one on the right on a different PC? Or is it on the same PC and the one on the left an example of when it happens to go wrong?
When it does go wrong... what is your memory usage at that instant? I've seen this kind of behaviour in similar software (Multiquencer).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Jul 2011   #4
NRT

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Miranova23 View Post
Hi there, I'm quite familiar with working in Audition. I find the interface more comfortable for my needs than the newer Soundbooth.

For just installing a new graphics card, you didn't have to reformat & reinstall 7, but a fresh clean start is great. I have a few questions for specifics...

1. How did you reinstall Windows 7? Did you restore from an image or do a clean install from your disc?

2. How did you install Adobe Audtion? Was it part of a CS collection? Do you have an .iso file you loaded, the retail disc, or a disc you made?

1. win 7 - clean install from the disc
2. not a part of cs collection.... its from the disc i made...

NB: i installed adobe audition in my frnd's desktop and it worked smoothly without this problem...

now wat shud i do ??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2011   #5
NRT

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Hello NRT, is the one on the left on a faulty computer and the one on the right on a different PC? Or is it on the same PC and the one on the left an example of when it happens to go wrong?
When it does go wrong... what is your memory usage at that instant? I've seen this kind of behaviour in similar software (Multiquencer).

two images r of same computer (my system)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2011   #6

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Hm, alright so the previous Windows install is not an issue-- it is a fresh clean install.
Also the problem is not with the installation of Audition as you said the same installation works fine on your friend's.

I don't know. Followup with Mvdb about memory usage. Given your stats it may very well be a mem issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2011   #7

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NRT View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Miranova23 View Post
Hi there, I'm quite familiar with working in Audition. I find the interface more comfortable for my needs than the newer Soundbooth.

For just installing a new graphics card, you didn't have to reformat & reinstall 7, but a fresh clean start is great. I have a few questions for specifics...

1. How did you reinstall Windows 7? Did you restore from an image or do a clean install from your disc?

2. How did you install Adobe Audtion? Was it part of a CS collection? Do you have an .iso file you loaded, the retail disc, or a disc you made?

1. win 7 - clean install from the disc
2. not a part of cs collection.... its from the disc i made...

NB: i installed adobe audition in my frnd's desktop and it worked smoothly without this problem...

now wat shud i do ??

How much mem in your friends DT? What is the minimum memory your software advises?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2011   #8
NRT

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

How much mem in your friends DT? 4GB

What is the minimum memory your software advises? 1 GB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2011   #9
NRT

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

helo MvdB, i'm using adobe audition for the past 2 years.... this problem happen'd one month ago and continuing....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2011   #10

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NRT View Post
helo MvdB, i'm using adobe audition for the past 2 years.... this problem happen'd one month ago and continuing....
I gather you mean it has worked well on your pc until a month ago?
If that's the case... can you think of any change/update you did around that time that might be memory consuming?

Are you able to post a snip of your (all) process memory usage while using this software, sorted by highest mem usage on top?

Post back if you need help on that please...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 strange issue




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: strange issue
Thread Forum
Strange issue Hardware & Devices
Strange HDD issue Hardware & Devices
Solved Very strange issue. General Discussion
Solved Strange issue...IE8 Browsers & Mail
Very strange issue Performance & Maintenance
Strange Issue ! BSOD Help and Support
Strange RDP Issue Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33