Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Sticky drag & drop, Find box from the corner & taskbar thumbnail

11 Jul 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Sticky drag & drop, Find box from the corner & taskbar thumbnail

Hello:

There are three things that I dislike a lot but don't know how to change.

- when I drag and drip windows between my monitors, the windows stick to my cursor, and are difficult to shake off. This happened about 3 month ago. Is there any way to get rid of the stickiness?

- when I click "Ctrl-F", for instance, in my Word program, the Find box seems to originate in the rightmost bottom corner of the rightmost monitor, and then slowly moves and increases in size to the monitor where the Ctrl+F originated. Any way to avoid this slomo behavior.

- when I rest the cursor over a taskbar icon, a bigger thumbnail window is shown with the content of the icon program in question. Ay way to stop this?

Thank you in advance!

Hans L

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Jul 2011   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hans L View Post
Hello when I rest the cursor over a taskbar icon, a bigger thumbnail window is shown with the content of the icon program in question. Ay way to stop this?

Thank you in advance!

Hans L
This is the only thing I have a partial fix for Hans L. Use a non-Aero theme and you won't see a thumb previrew, but a smaller descriptive info box.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2011   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hans L View Post
Hello when I rest the cursor over a taskbar icon, a bigger thumbnail window is shown with the content of the icon program in question. Ay way to stop this?

Thank you in advance!

Hans L
This is the only thing I have a partial fix for Hans L. Use a non-Aero theme and you won't see a thumb previrew, but a smaller descriptive info box.
Well, not bad :-) Now, I am UltraMon, and one of its functions is to put wallpapers on the monitors. What I use for wallpapers are jpg files from C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT.Have I, by that, used Aero themes?

In addition, I have set the Window Color to "lavender" (looks better than it sounds :-). Does that affect whether I have Aero or not.

As you can see, this is not easy for me to sort out. Would appreciate your sorting this out for me.

Regards,

Hans L
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Jul 2011   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Let me say first, I have no experience with multiple monitors.
If you right click your desktop in an empty space, click Personalization. Ther window below will appear. The non-Aero themes are in a red box. Choose one of those and you will still be able to pick pictures for walls and change your windows colors.
Sticky drag & drop, Find box from the corner & taskbar thumbnail-pers.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2011   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Let me say first, I have no experience with multiple monitors.
If you right click your desktop in an empty space, click Personalization. Ther window below will appear. The non-Aero themes are in a red box. Choose one of those and you will still be able to pick pictures for walls and change your windows colors.
Cool and thanks. But how do I know what theme I have now?

Hans L
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2011   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

I can only help with the Taskbar Preview look at this Taskbar Thumbnail Previews - Enable or Disable
Options 1 or 2 or 4 and you can use Aero, Option 3 is what Britton30 gave you no Aero.
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2011   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Open the Personalization window, your current theme is highlighted. If you have transparent window title bars, you have Aero.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Open the Personalization window, your current theme is highlighted. If you have transparent window title bars, you have Aero.
Which theme is highligthed here (I can't figure it out)?

Regards,

Hans L


Attached Thumbnails
Sticky drag & drop, Find box from the corner & taskbar thumbnail-themes.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
I can only help with the Taskbar Preview look at this Taskbar Thumbnail Previews - Enable or Disable
Options 1 or 2 or 4 and you can use Aero, Option 3 is what Britton30 gave you no Aero.
Jerry
Jerry, I'll check this one out, and select a method.

Regards,

Hans L
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2011   #10

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hans L View Post
when I drag and drip windows between my monitors, the windows stick to my cursor
That sounds like Mouse "ClickLock" might be turned on - check in Mouse settings > Buttons tab. Or simply a failing mouse - buttons sticking from accumulated dust or something...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hans L View Post
Which theme is highligthed here
Hans L
Top row, under heaing "My Themes" - your current theme is aero, because it has that tranparent pane next to it as Britton said, and is called "Unsaved Theme". Windows will keep loading it even though it is unsaved, but it is a good idea to save a theme you have worked on so you can go back to it if you later make changes you don't want. Also good to save a backup of the theme in your own data folders just in case...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Sticky drag & drop, Find box from the corner & taskbar thumbnail





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Sticky drag & drop, Find box from the corner & taskbar thumbnail
Thread Forum
Solved I can't drag and drop?... General Discussion
Drag & Drop Drags But Doesn't Drop General Discussion
Solved how do i drop and drag? General Discussion
Solved Drag and Drop Browsers & Mail
Solved Drag and drop? General Discussion
Taskbar drag & drop not working dual screen General Discussion
Drag and Drop General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33