Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Help me decide (please)

21 Jul 2009   #1
duustheboy

 
Help me decide (please)

Hello all.
I want to upgrade my computer to windows 7, but i want to be sure, it can run the programs i want it to run. I have seen threads about games that doesn't work for people with windows 7 but they did work with vista/xp. So i wanna ask one that have windows 7.
does these games run ´good on windows 7:

assasin's creed
gta iv
gta sa
CSS
CS 1.6
HL2DM
HL2LC
TF2
DOD
WC III TFT + ROC
Safari 4.1
Skype
MSN

If you haven't had any problems with one or more of these games on windows 7 please tell me.
Also if anyone of you have an acer running windows 7 does the functions like fingerprint reader and webcam + Cinedash control work aswell?
Hope you can help me
duustheboy


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Jul 2009   #2
Orbital Shark

 
 

Hi duustheby, welcome to the forums.

Your best bet is to read THIS for a list of Games that are compatible with Windows 7. You can search the thread for games that may not be on the 1st page.

Hope this answers your question




Jeff
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2009   #3
masterB

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Welcome to the forums!

You should install it and test it. Most of the programs and drivers will be ok in W7 if they work on Vista.
Everybody will change to Windows 7 sooner or later.
Cheers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Jul 2009   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
help me decide

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by duustheboy View Post
Hello all.
I want to upgrade my computer to windows 7, but i want to be sure, it can run the programs i want it to run. I have seen threads about games that doesn't work for people with windows 7 but they did work with vista/xp. So i wanna ask one that have windows 7.
does these games run ´good on windows 7:

assasin's creed
gta iv
gta sa
CSS
CS 1.6
HL2DM
HL2LC
TF2
DOD
WC III TFT + ROC
Safari 4.1
Skype
MSN

If you haven't had any problems with one or more of these games on windows 7 please tell me.
Also if anyone of you have an acer running windows 7 does the functions like fingerprint reader and webcam + Cinedash control work aswell?
Hope you can help me
duustheboy
Hi

Games see sharks post. Safare 4.1 yes,skpe (32 bit not 64) maybe, MSN if your browser works yes. Acer, no problem in 32 bit webcam issues in 64.

Hope this helps

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2009   #5
duustheboy

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Orbital Shark View Post
Hi duustheby, welcome to the forums.

Your best bet is to read THIS for a list of Games that are compatible with Windows 7. You can search the thread for games that may not be on the 1st page.

Hope this answers your question




Jeff
Thank you very much!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2009   #6
duustheboy

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Hi

Games see sharks post. Safare 4.1 yes,skpe (32 bit not 64) maybe, MSN if your browser works yes. Acer, no problem in 32 bit webcam issues in 64.

Hope this helps

Ken
Thx! you are all very helpfull
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2009   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by duustheboy View Post
Thank you very much!
You are welcome.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2009   #8
Konceptz804

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

haven't come across anything that hasn't run on windows 7 so far.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Help me decide (please)





Please note  Please note
        When your issue is fixed please remember to thank those that helped you and mark the thread as solved.
Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Please help me decide
Hi All, I am about to build a system for my son for his birthday and need help deciding between 2 graphic cards. My brother has a GTX 580 Asus which I can buy for $150 or I was thinking of purchasing a new Asus GTX 660 for $245. Can someone please help me decide which is best? My son is not...
Graphic Cards
Help me decide between 3 set ups
I am looking for a set up that will allow me to play all the latest games on my pc,I have taken it down to 3 set ups could u have a look and tell me which one is best and any adjustments i would need to make for it to work. Set up 1 Motherboard + Processor Graphics RAM
Hardware & Devices
Can anyone help me decide which model I need?
Hi, I am running Windows 7, and Outlook 2010, and am about to buy an iPhone. I can't decide whether I need iPhone 3 or iPhone 4 - I want to be able to synch my Outlook calendar and contacts with my new iPhone. Can anyone help me decide which model I need? Thanks
Hardware & Devices
can't decide what to do
hello i think that my on-board sound device is going to die because when i listening music or watching films the sound once fade away a little then after while burst again its like someone plays with the volume wheel slightly up and down. I am already updated the driver and it didn't help and i...
Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:33.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App