- From looking at the Vaio Specs, the only drawbacks that I can see is that 320GB HDD.
- If you can max out the RAM to the 4GB limit,
- And If that AMD Radeon HD 6310 can handle the graphics. It says it is DirectX 11 compatiable.
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Source: Newegg - SONY VAIO YB Series VPCYB14KX/S
You might have problems running games or graphics on it, but if all you need it for is some light office work, web browsing, and email it should be okay.
(If)/After you install the 7x64 OS make sure you check for updates, Windows Update Settings - Change
My default settings are:
- 'Check for Updates, but let me choose/decide if/when I want to Download, and install them' because you can always hide and unhide them, to install at a later date.
- And it is your call whether or not you want all users to be able to install updates.
It should even find that newer WDDM, I think it is up to 2.02 now.
If you have a lot, do them in blocks of 3 to 5 in a group.
I usually try not to go over 30MB at a time.
But, If you see the one for SP1 do that all by itself then re-check/force a new 'Check for Updates' you might not need all those you saw in the first Check. .