Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: windows 7 lots of errors


24 Jul 2009   #1

 
windows 7 lots of errors

im experiencing lots of problems with my current windows 7 installation (7229 64 bit) ,what i havent experienced in previous 7 builds

the issues im having are

when i right click desktop and press resoloution or personlize im getting error message ___no such interface is supported___

when i add a dock (rocket dock or nexus) im getting similar error when i add links to dock

im unable to custimize taskbar in bottom right and thus not being able to remove unwanted icons on view

the system properties link isnt working on link when i open my computer

and windows experience isnt working either for the last three problems i click the link but nothing happens


ive trying doing a repair install but get error message saying icant do it on this operating system..i suspect this happens because i installed 7 first then xp and it was booting straight into xp so i used easy bcd to give me an option to boot into either operating systems. ..but ive recently deleted xp but my computer could still think its xp but thats only i guess, i could be wrong

is there anyway to fix these errors im experiencing



also if there no soloution to these errors ,if i reinstalled using upgrade would i keep all my games and folders


thank for reading my essay
help much appreciated

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Jul 2009   #2

Windows Vista Home Premium x64
 
 

i think,u shoud upgrade your buil too RTM quickly
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #3

Xp
 
 

RTM will heal your probs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Jul 2009   #4

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Professional View Post
i think,u shoud upgrade your buil too RTM quickly
what you mean???

is that still beta?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #5

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Gilly,

7229 x64 is rock solid. Something must have gone wrong with installing xp second.

Best thing is do a clean reinstall Windows 7 and when done add xp to the boot.

About the RTM. Firstly you stand a big chance to download a screwed up build.
Seen a lot of post about that already.

Since build 7600.16385 became RTM, it is illegal to download and forbidden for any of us to direct you to the links.

Truly, your best bet is to do the clean install of build 7229.
And by clean I mean not run from within windows but at boot time, and when you have to chose the partition to install, you go to advanced and format the drive partition you want to use.

good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #6

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
Gilly,

7229 x64 is rock solid. Something must have gone wrong with installing xp second.

Best thing is do a clean reinstall Windows 7 and when done add xp to the boot.

About the RTM. Firstly you stand a big chance to download a screwed up build.
Seen a lot of post about that already.

Since build 7600.16385 became RTM, it is illegal to download and forbidden for any of us to direct you to the links.

Truly, your best bet is to do the clean install of build 7229.
And by clean I mean not run from within windows but at boot time, and when you have to chose the partition to install, you go to advanced and format the drive partition you want to use.

good luck
thanks for ure reply..
but would upgrade fix the errors and keep all my games and data
because reinstalling everything will take forever
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #7

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
thanks for ure reply..
but would upgrade fix the errors and keep all my games and data
because reinstalling everything will take forever
Maybe it will maybe it won't.

But if repair doesn't work, chances are upgrading to higher build won't fix your problems either.

Plus the risk of downloading a build full of trojans and botnets that are out there.

It's up to you to decide.

Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #8

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
Maybe it will maybe it won't.

But if repair doesn't work, chances are upgrading to higher build won't fix your problems either.

Plus the risk of downloading a build full of trojans and botnets that are out there.

It's up to you to decide.

Good luck
can i use upgrade install with same build?

im happy with this build (7229 64 bit) very stable. but just having issues on my main pc with these errors, but been flawless on other computers/laptops
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #9

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
can i use upgrade install with same build?

im happy with this build (7229 64 bit) very stable. but just having issues on my main pc with these errors, but been flawless on other computers/laptops
Truly din't know, never tried it.

But you can always try. Backup your important stuff first.

greetz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #10

Windows 7
 
 

With the extent of problems you cite, a clean install would be the best choice by far.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 windows 7 lots of errors




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: windows 7 lots of errors
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Constantly Freezing - Lots of Errors in Event Viewer Performance & Maintenance
BSOD with lots of different errors. BSOD Help and Support
Lots of warnings and errors in the event viewer. Performance & Maintenance
Solved Errors in memtest86 ? And lots of it BSOD Help and Support
lots of errors in event viewer System Security
Solved Lots of BSODs, different errors BSOD Help and Support
Lots of BSOD & Hungup - Lots of Event17 WHEA-Logger BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33