Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Concern


22 Aug 2011   #1

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 
Windows 7 Concern

I have an old HP laptop, it recently crashed due to hard drive failure. So naturally, while getting a new hard drive I was going to install Windows 7 rather than Vista that came with it. It's originally a 32 bit system, but I was thinking of going with the 64 bit. I am unsure as to whether or not it will be able to load. I have a Centrino processor which I am also unsure if 64 bit will be compatible with it.

Hope to hear so thoughts on this issue, thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Aug 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

If you had your system specs filled out, we'd be able to give you a better answer. What is the model number of your processor? That should be in your documentation that came with your laptop.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2011   #3
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Hello Mr Patrick, welcome to Seven Forums!


The tutorial at the link below will help you find your system specs if need be and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.


How to See Your System Specs with "System Info"

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Aug 2011   #4

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I couldn't find the documentation of the laptop off hand, but I open up the panel to access the processor and the model number is: 4965agn mm1

Before crash I had:
Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium edition SP1. Which I believe was a 1.83gHz Core2Duo as well as 3GB of RAM. I just saw this info elsewhere, but still unsure about processor since the sticker on laptop says else wise. (centrino)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2011   #5
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Hello Mr Patrick, welcome to Seven Forums!


The tutorial at the link below will help you find your system specs if need be and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.


How to See Your System Specs with "System Info"


Did you see this post above?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2011   #6

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Hello Mr Patrick, welcome to Seven Forums!


The tutorial at the link below will help you find your system specs if need be and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

How to See Your System Specs with "System Info"

Thanks for the link, but I don't have a running computer at the moment. The current computer (laptop) I have none is hard drive less. So I purchase a new hard drive, and just trying to see if my laptop could be able to support Win 7 64 bit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2011   #7
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Hello again.


I'm sure if you post the exact model / make of the lappy someone will have some info for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2011   #8

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Hello again.


I'm sure if you post the exact model / make of the lappy someone will have some info for you.
Sorry, still kind of new to all this. I have an HP Pavilion dv6700, but it's also saying on the service tag that it's a dv6833us, which is probably the one to use.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Patrick View Post
I have an old HP laptop, it recently crashed due to hard drive failure. So naturally, while getting a new hard drive I was going to install Windows 7 rather than Vista that came with it. It's originally a 32 bit system, but I was thinking of going with the 64 bit. I am unsure as to whether or not it will be able to load. I have a Centrino processor which I am also unsure if 64 bit will be compatible with it.

Hope to hear so thoughts on this issue, thanks.
If that`s not a dual core cpu then no you can`t. Google the cpu.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01295877.pdf
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2011   #10

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zomby88 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Patrick View Post
I have an old HP laptop, it recently crashed due to hard drive failure. So naturally, while getting a new hard drive I was going to install Windows 7 rather than Vista that came with it. It's originally a 32 bit system, but I was thinking of going with the 64 bit. I am unsure as to whether or not it will be able to load. I have a Centrino processor which I am also unsure if 64 bit will be compatible with it.

Hope to hear so thoughts on this issue, thanks.
If that`s not a dual core cpu then no you can`t. Google the cpu.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01295877.pdf
Thanks, I see that it doesn't have the Centrino processor listed. I looked here, http://www.intel.com/products/centrino/duo/316944.pdf and a little unsure if what I have now in my laptop would be considered dual core, since it is about 3 years old.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Concern




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 Concern
Thread Forum
Not received new Windows August update patches today. Need for concern Windows Updates & Activation
Message causing some concern. System Security
new on this ... up for questions/concern? Software
Windows 7 Memory Concern Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 - activation region concern Windows Updates & Activation
Free Windows 7 Upgrade Concern (VOID concern) General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33