Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: disk check errors...EXPERT HELP NEEDED

27 Jul 2009   #1

 
disk check errors...EXPERT HELP NEEDED

im having problems with every time i boot up 7 i get the 7 boot screen but then the n it says windows needs to check the disk for concistency but it cancels itself somehow . So every time i boot im met with this message

ive scanned my hdd with a couple of application on one it passed and said it had no errors but when i used harddisk test pilot i get error message as follows,,,

theres a error in your LPT port or LPT not found.
HDTP v2.6 could not fix this problem.
contact your local repair shop

ive not been expriencing any speed changes with hardisk but is this a serious problem

and is this linked to why the inbuild windows disk checker keep cancelling itself,,


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jul 2009   #2

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

seems like your HDD is about to go bad. First of all, i would recommend to back up your stuffs. Then boot to windows 7 DVD and Click on Repair Your Computer.
Now click on the Command Prompt, and type c: and press Enter.
Then type chkdsk c:\r and press Enter. Let it run and once its done, restart your computer and that message should go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #3

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
seems like your HDD is about to go bad. First of all, i would recommend to back up your stuffs. Then boot to windows 7 DVD and Click on Repair Your Computer.
Now click on the Command Prompt, and type c: and press Enter.
Then type chkdsk c:\r and press Enter. Let it run and once its done, restart your computer and that message should go.
Ive already tried repair computer but says it cant be done on this operating system

this is what i got when i ran command prompt

disk check errors...EXPERT HELP NEEDED-capture.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Jul 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

did u format the partition where you wanted to install windows 7 from within windows 7 setup??
i had the same problem on previous RC builds when i was dual booting with vista...i had first formatted the win 7 partition from within vista and then directly installed win 7 on it without formatting from within the setup..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #5

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by madmax012 View Post
did u format the partition where you wanted to install windows 7 from within windows 7 setup??
i had the same problem on previous RC builds when i was dual booting with vista...i had first formatted the win 7 partition from within vista and then directly installed win 7 on it without formatting from within the setup..
i partitioned for windows xp but got rid of xp and now when i boot its gives me boot option for 7 and older version of windows

p.s hardrive only 4 months old
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #6

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
theres a error in your LPT port or LPT not found.
HDTP v2.6 could not fix this problem.
contact your local repair shop
Hi Gilly,

LPT is the printer port found at the back of your machine

It has nothing todo with chkdsk canceling its scan of your hard-drive, first lets open an elevated cmd prompt by typing cmd into the start-menu searchbox then right-clicking and selecting "Run As Administrator"

From there enter: fsutil dirty set C: then enter chkdsk C: /F /V

Once you have entered the chkdsk command you should see the following:
Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)


Press Y then Enter, from there you will see:

This volume will be checked the next time the system restarts.

That should force chkdsk into running a complete scan of your drive once you reboot, let us know the results

Steven
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

so you created an empty partition for 7 from within xp and then u installed 7 on that partition by simply selecting that partition while installing 7?...you did not format from within 7 setup?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #8

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by madmax012 View Post
so you created an empty partition for 7 from within xp and then u installed 7 on that partition by simply selecting that partition while installing 7?...you did not format from within 7 setup?
i had 7 as my sole operating system and created partition for xp in 7 but as you know when you do this it boots into xp so i had to use easy bcd to boot back into 7 . but since then ive reinstalled 7 on my main c drive and the partiton what used to have xp is now just used for media

but still says in boot option older version of windows
windows 7 <


also i should add this problem happened when i was trying to install dameon tools and i ran it in compatable mode but it wouldnt boot my computer after it told me to restart it ...so i kept my finger on power button rebooted then did system restore thinking that would fix it but its still failing to check my disk and just cancel on its own
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #9

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
i had 7 as my sole operating system and created partition for xp in 7 but as you know when you do this it boots into xp so i had to use easy bcd to boot back into 7 . but since then ive reinstalled 7 on my main c drive and the partiton what used to have xp is now just used for media

but still says in boot option older version of windows
windows 7 <
Gilly,

Please read my reply above

Steven
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #10

 

Gilly,

Your expert help has arrived. Follow the instructions set forth by dmex. He is not guessing.

You are on the short path to recovery.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 disk check errors...EXPERT HELP NEEDED




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33