Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Question about I/O Error 103 after Logging in Windows


28 Jul 2009   #1

Windows XP x86, Vista x64, Windows 7 7232, 7600 16384, 16385 x64
 
 
Question about I/O Error 103 after Logging in Windows

Hi Mate,

This is my first post in Windows Seven forum. I am not sure if this problem is due to networking or security issue so just posted in this General discussion section.

These 2 days my Windows 7 Build 7232 got a problem that there is an alert message to show "I/O Error 103" when logged into Windows. I check in TECHNET support site and know it was due to "Cannot connect to the registry on site server X in site Y.".

The iso file of the Build 7232 was scanned with Kaspersky and found without malware nor virus.

Thanks.
Andy


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jul 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PCLover View Post
Hi Mate,

This is my first post in Windows Seven forum. I am not sure if this problem is due to networking or security issue so just posted in this General discussion section.

These 2 days my Windows 7 Build 7232 got a problem that there is an alert message to show "I/O Error 103" when logged into Windows. I check in TECHNET support site and know it was due to "Cannot connect to the registry on site server X in site Y.".

The iso file of the Build 7232 was scanned with Kaspersky and found without malware nor virus.

Thanks.
Andy
Andy first welcome to sevenforums. thanks for filling in your system specs. Could you tell us more abt your networking? homegroup/workgroup/domain?

I personally think its a permissions problem or an in use file problem
Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2009   #3

Windows XP x86, Vista x64, Windows 7 7232, 7600 16384, 16385 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Andy first welcome to sevenforums. thanks for filling in your system specs. Could you tell us more abt your networking? homegroup/workgroup/domain?

I personally think its a permissions problem or an in use file problem
Ken
Hi Ken,

Thanks. In this Windows 7 system I setup as homegroup and connected with 2 NAS and 3 other computers (1 desktop and 2 laptop) and the Internet is through Router Level 1 WBR 5400. Hope this info useful.

Thanks,
Andy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Jul 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Andy so you have no server and your av is up to date. I googled that error and found a couple of things, but they seem similar not identical. So networking worked for a while then this problem poped up. the other computers are OK? and nas works?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2009   #5

Windows XP x86, Vista x64, Windows 7 7232, 7600 16384, 16385 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Andy so you have no server and your av is up to date. I googled that error and found a couple of things, but they seem similar not identical. So networking worked for a while then this problem poped up. the other computers are OK? and nas works?

Ken

Hi Ken, Thanks again.

There is no server in my network. the NAS and other computers work fine in this homegroup.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Andy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2009   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PCLover View Post
Hi Ken, Thanks again.

There is no server in my network. the NAS and other computers work fine in this homegroup.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Andy
Andy something to think abt you are running an older build. If we cant solve this it might be faster if you upgraded to the RTM build 7600. there have been many bug fixes etc.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2009   #7

Windows XP x86, Vista x64, Windows 7 7232, 7600 16384, 16385 x64
 
 

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your advice. I have a plan to upgrade to the official copy of Windows 7 RTM by August 06. Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Andy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Question about I/O Error 103 after Logging in Windows




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Question about I/O Error 103 after Logging in Windows
Thread Forum
BSOD logging question BSOD Help and Support
Question about other users still on when logging off. General Discussion
Question logging in locally when on a domain on windows 7 Network & Sharing
Solved BSOD after 30 sec after logging in, error 0x0000008e BSOD Help and Support
BSOD just while logging in, error 50(?) BSOD Help and Support
Event Viewer Pros, Disable PrintService Logging Question General Discussion
Start up and logging in question General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33