Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Repair Environment appears to be gone?

17 Sep 2011   #21
inlineadam

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Try taking ownership - add the usual context menu item that everyone has:

Take Ownership Shortcut

I haven't done this yet. But to update you if this has any relevance:

A permanent message has appeared at the bottom right of my screen:


" Windows 7"
" Build 7601 "
" This copy of windows is not genuine"

That is absolute tosh , i bought the laptop from PC world , brand new and i can assure you that it is 100% Genuine.

I have already done a full re-install using the built in manufactures environment before if that has anything to do with it.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Sep 2011   #22
inlineadam

Windows 7
 
 

???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2011   #23
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by inlineadam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Try taking ownership - add the usual context menu item that everyone has:

Take Ownership Shortcut

I haven't done this yet. But to update you if this has any relevance:

A permanent message has appeared at the bottom right of my screen:


" Windows 7"
" Build 7601 "
" This copy of windows is not genuine"

That is absolute tosh , i bought the laptop from PC world , brand new and i can assure you that it is 100% Genuine.

I have already done a full re-install using the built in manufactures environment before if that has anything to do with it.
In that case, I'd be hot-footing it to PC World and get them to put it right.

With an OEM operating system, support is provided by the vendor and not Microsoft.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Sep 2011   #24
inlineadam

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by inlineadam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Try taking ownership - add the usual context menu item that everyone has:

Take Ownership Shortcut

I haven't done this yet. But to update you if this has any relevance:

A permanent message has appeared at the bottom right of my screen:


" Windows 7"
" Build 7601 "
" This copy of windows is not genuine"

That is absolute tosh , i bought the laptop from PC world , brand new and i can assure you that it is 100% Genuine.

I have already done a full re-install using the built in manufactures environment before if that has anything to do with it.
In that case, I'd be hot-footing it to PC World and get them to put it right.

With an OEM operating system, support is provided by the vendor and not Microsoft.
Warranty is up though.

The message has dissapeared after i re-activated it.

It's because Microsoft decides to block some serial keys if someone manages to copy them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2011   #25
inlineadam

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
There is a folder on your windows 7 partition . It is named Recovery.

It is hidden , so you need to go to folder options and show hidden files and protected operating system files.

It should be directly on your drive.

C:\Recovery\{lots-of-numbers}\Winre.wim

Attachment 175631

It might pretend to be empty - but if you look inside - you will see it probably isn't

Those with oem machines might find the oem has modified that.

OR the oem might have another .wim file on the oem recovery partition.

You might have both.

What should i do after i have accessed this folder?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2011   #26
curtiswardwell

 

Just a suggestion, If you are looking for the manufacturer restore disk try: www.restoredisk.com, all you need is the make and model of the laptop. Hope this helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2011   #27
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by inlineadam View Post
What should i do after i have accessed this folder?
Nothing.

But if you want to look inside it:
1. take control then
cd /d %systemdrive%\recovery
dir

do you see something like this:

Directory of C:\Recovery

20-Jun-11 05:54 <DIR> .
20-Jun-11 05:54 <DIR> ..
20-Jun-11 05:54 <DIR> 9ffc2e6f-9b43-11e0-9c21-af4363973989
0 File(s) 0 bytes
3 Dir(s) 19,836,891,136 bytes free
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Repair Environment appears to be gone?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Environment variables
Is there an Environment variable that can tell me where the Documents folder is located? Typically, the Documents folder is located in C:\Users\username\Documents. I am creating a batch file to copy 1 file from a remote location (another computer in the network) to the Documents folder. Since...
General Discussion
MigWiz outside windows environment
Hi, Its possible to run migwiz outside windows environment ? I'm tired to try windows start up repair, all the options... The disk has no problems (hdd regenerator) and has no virus (windows defender offline) but I'm not able to repair this stupid annoying error. I'd like to migrate the...
General Discussion
What options exists for Win7 diagnostics/repair in Win PE environment
Hi people! My nephew asked for help today, his gaming rig will no longer complete the boot. Testing this myself, I found that it halts pretty late in the process, this assumption is based on Win7 wanting to send an error report to HQ (Microsoft Corp). And any conceivable "boot path" (using adv....
Performance & Maintenance
REXX environment for Windows 7
Are there any decent free REXX environments (prefer compiler, but will live with an interpreter) for Windows 7? Much of my job is in writing and debugging REXX code, and if I could find a developer's kit for REXX that runs on my laptop, I'd be a happy guy... Anyone?
Software
Java, Windows 7 & Environment Variables
I have installed Java in Program Files (x86) > Java > jre > bin In Environment Variables, I accidentally deleted the default PATH variable. This is what I currently have in the PATH variable: Please can someone tell me what the default PATH was? I will add this in front of the Java path. ...
Software
Running a 4/6 screen windows 7 environment
Hi, Basically my question is, what's the best way of running a 4/6 screen windows 7 environment? The detailed question is:- I've just got a Dell XPS 8000 with a Nvidia GT 220 in it. I'd like to run at least 4 19 inch screens. On my previous system (XP Pro 64 bit) I added a second PCI...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:12.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App