also this issue can occur if the user profile is corrupted.
I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the problem.
1. Open User Accounts by clicking theStart button, clickingControl Panel, clickingUser Accounts and Family Safety (or clickingUser Accounts,
if you are connected to a network domain) and then clicking User Accounts.
2. Click Manage another account.
3. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
4. Click Create a new account.
5. Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type and then clickCreate Account. also see here >>> Create a user account If it works in a new user account then you need to fix the corrupt user profile. You may visit this link for the steps:
>>> Fix a corrupted user profile