Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 build number "changed"


31 Jul 2009   #1

Windows 3.11
 
 
Windows 7 build number "changed"

Info
Quote:
Microsoft has released 8 important update packages for Windows 7 RTM Build 7600.18365.090713-1255 in July that updates various components of Windows 7 RTM to even newer versions. These update packages, leaked to Internet by Russian who also leaked Windows 7 RTM retail x86 and x64 ISO and Windows 7 RTM OEM x86 and x64 ISO, have no official description by Microsoft yet. However, some ideas about what each update does can be retrieved by taking a peek into the content of CAB files.

* KB123334 (Windows6.1-KB123334-x86.msu or Windows6.1-KB123334-x64.msu)

Microsoft-Windows-IEInstal assembly that updates IEInstal.exe in %ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\ folder to version 8.0.7600.16399 or 8.0.7600.20495.
* KB123456 (Windows6.1-KB123456-x86.msu or Windows6.1-KB123456-x64.msu)

Microsoft-Windows-notepad revision distribution that updates Notepad.exe to 6.1.7600.16399 or 6.1.7600.20495.
* KB674103 (Windows6.1-KB674103-x86.msu or Windows6.1-KB674103-x64.msu)

A update that upgrades Win32k, User32, TCP/IP Binaries (tcpip.sys), SxS, NDIS (ndis.sys), GDI32 and Common Controls components to version 6.1.7600.14000 or 6.1.7600.20496.
* KB675605 (Windows6.1-KB675605-x86.msu or Windows6.1-KB675605-x64.msu)

A GDR update that upgrades Windows 7 OS Kernel, HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer), BootEnvironment Core BootManagerPCAT components to 6.1.7600.16399 or 6.1.7600.20495. This update package is responsible for changing the BuildLabEx string to 7600.16399.x86fre.win7_gdr.090722-1835 or 7600.16399.x64fre.win7_gdr.090722-1835 and changing win7_rtm in the BuildLab string to win7_gdr.
* KB972636 (Windows6.1-KB972636-x86.msu or Windows6.1-KB972636-x64.msu)

IE compatibility update with new version of 6.1.7600.14000 or 6.1.7600.20497.
* KB973751 (Windows6.1-KB973751-x86.msu or Windows6.1-KB973751-x64.msu)

Update to Windows 7 Image Based Setup-Media and Setup Navigation Wizard Framework to version 6.1.7600.20497.
* KB974039 (Windows6.1-KB974039-v2-x86.msu or Windows6.1-KB974039-v2-x64.msu)

Update to Windows Search Engine to version 7.0.7600.16401 or 7.0.7600.20497.
* KB974138 (Windows6.1-KB9741386.msu or Windows6.1-KB9741364.msu)

Update to Windows GI and Font Embedding components to version 6.1.7600.16402 or 6.1.7600.20498

Note that the system will a GDR or LDR minor revision number of 1xxxx is the update is installed as GDR (default), or 2xxxx if itís installed as LDR or QFE hotfix, which should not applied to most users. GDR (General Distribution Release) and LDR (Limited Distribution Release), which also known as QFE (Quick Fix Engineering) are simply two different maintenance branches maintained at same patch level by Microsoft, although LDR branch is cumulative of all previous patches available. GDR is normally distributed via Windows Update and Microsoft Download Center to improve user experience, and contains software updates that address widespread critical issues, such as security vulnerabilities, and that are broadly released. The fact that Microsoft adds GDR into build string of OS kerner (ntoskrnl.exe) of Windows 7 RTM may signifies that the reliability and stability can still be improved considerably.

However, do note that Windows 7 RTM official build is still maintain as 7600.16385, as BuildLab and BuildLabEx is reflected change to OS kernel. Other components that are not been updated, such as IE8 and Windows 7 Software Licensing Manager (SLMgr) will still report itself as build 7600.16385.

Itís interesting to see that bug fixes, patches and updates are available so early after official RTM of Windows 7, and Windows 7 is not even been officially make available through any distribution channels yet. These updates may also been slipstreamed directly by OEM computer manufacturers into factory-installed PCs and branded OEM DVDs when computer with Windows 7 preinstalled are shipped. It looks like Windows 7 SP1 (Service Pack 1) should come soon rather than later.


Changelogs:

1) WARNING! after the upgrade (as long as it turns out a) you will have a new version of windsurfing 6.1.7600.16399
7600.16399.x86fre.win7_gdr.090722-1835 or 7600.16399.x64fre.win7_gdr.090722-1835

2) Issues GDR updates contain only those fixes that are available everywhere and are intended to address common problems of critical

3) Faster Run

4) WEI up (From 5.1 up to 5.3 )

More changes:

HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) Ver = "6.1.7600.16399"

ndis.sys 6.1.7600.16400

tcpip.sys 6.1.7600.16400

notepad.exe = 7600.16399
ntoskrnl.exe = 7600.16399

Description: updates that were released in July, not included in the RTM code. 8 updates.

After the upgrade until it turns out any () you will have a new version винды 6.1.7600 16399.
7600.16399. win7_gdr. 090722 x86FRE.-1835 or x64fre 16399 7600... 090722-1835 win7_gdr.
The GDR update releases contain only fixes that are produced everywhere and are intended to address critical problems common
Some files become version 7600.16400 16401, some 7600

123334
name="Microsoft-Windows-IEInstal" version="8.0.7600.20495"
name="Microsoft-Windows-IEInstal" version="8.0.7600.16399"
123456
name="Microsoft-Windows-notepad" version="6.1.7600.20495"
name="Microsoft-Windows-notepadwin" version="6.1.7600.20495"
name="Microsoft-Windows-notepad" version="6.1.7600.16399"
name="Microsoft-Windows-notepadwin" version="6.1.7600.16399"
674103 resources
675605
name="Microsoft-Windows-BootEnvironment-Core-BootManager-PCAT" version="6.1.7600.16399"
name="Microsoft-Windows-OS-Kernel" version="6.1.7600.20495"
name="Microsoft-Windows-BootEnvironment-Core-BootManager-PCAT" version="6.1.7600.20495"
name="Microsoft-Windows-HAL" version="6.1.7600.16399"
972636
name="Microsoft-Windows-IE-IECompat" version="8.0.7600.16400"
name="Microsoft-Windows-IE-IECompat" version="8.0.7600.20497"
973751
name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup-Navigation-Wizard-Framework" version="6.1.7600.20497"
name="Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-Media" version="6.1.7600.20497"
974039
name="WindowsSearchEngine" version="7.0.7600.16401"
name="WindowsSearchEngine" version="7.0.7600.20497"
974138
name="Microsoft-Windows-GDI" version="6.1.7600.20498"
name="Microsoft-Windows-Font-Embedding" version="6.1.7600.20498"
name="Microsoft-Windows-Font-Embedding" version="6.1.7600.16402"
name="Microsoft-Windows-GDI" version="6.1.7600.16402"


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Jul 2009   #2
LFB

Windows7 Enterprise SP1 x64 (Technet)
 
 

they're already out by Zukona:

Quote:
Description: updates that were released in July, not included in the RTM code. 8 updates.

After the upgrade until it turns out any () you will have a new version винды 6.1.7600 16399.
7600.16399. win7_gdr. 090722 x86FRE.-1835 or x64fre 16399 7600... 090722-1835 win7_gdr.
The GDR update releases contain only fixes that are produced everywhere and are intended to address critical problems common
Some files become version 7600.16400 16401, some 7600


Quote:
123334
name="Microsoft-Windows-IEInstal" version="8.0.7600.20495"
name="Microsoft-Windows-IEInstal" version="8.0.7600.16399"

123456
name="Microsoft-Windows-notepad" version="6.1.7600.20495"
name="Microsoft-Windows-notepadwin" version="6.1.7600.20495"
name="Microsoft-Windows-notepad" version="6.1.7600.16399"
name="Microsoft-Windows-notepadwin" version="6.1.7600.16399"

674103 resources

675605
name="Microsoft-Windows-BootEnvironment-Core-BootManager-PCAT" version="6.1.7600.16399"
name="Microsoft-Windows-OS-Kernel" version="6.1.7600.20495"
name="Microsoft-Windows-BootEnvironment-Core-BootManager-PCAT" version="6.1.7600.20495"
name="Microsoft-Windows-HAL" version="6.1.7600.16399"

972636
name="Microsoft-Windows-IE-IECompat" version="8.0.7600.16400"
name="Microsoft-Windows-IE-IECompat" version="8.0.7600.20497"

973751
name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup-Navigation-Wizard-Framework" version="6.1.7600.20497"
name="Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-Media" version="6.1.7600.20497"

974039
name="WindowsSearchEngine" version="7.0.7600.16401"
name="WindowsSearchEngine" version="7.0.7600.20497"

974138
name="Microsoft-Windows-GDI" version="6.1.7600.20498"
name="Microsoft-Windows-Font-Embedding" version="6.1.7600.20498"
name="Microsoft-Windows-Font-Embedding" version="6.1.7600.16402"
name="Microsoft-Windows-GDI" version="6.1.7600.16402"
Windows 7 build number "changed"-2i9qgm.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #3

Windows 3.11
 
 

I know i just installed and now i have 7600.16399 version!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Jul 2009   #4

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Now watch all the threads about the REAL RTM builds....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #5

7600x64 RTM
 
 

How can u check ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Now watch all the threads about the REAL RTM builds....
Here we go again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #7

Windows 7 7229 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Here we go again.
Here we go again 2.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #8

windows 7 RTM
 
 

do we have to download the whole thing-iso or just add the files to 16385 rtm ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #9
LFB

Windows7 Enterprise SP1 x64 (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by v0id View Post
I know i just installed and now i have 7600.16399 version!
Yeah me too, everything fine here... no major changes...

some updates signature are from today...

My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #10

windows 7 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LFB View Post
Yeah me too, everything fine here... no major changes...
any chance of pointing us in the right direction for this update please
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 build number "changed"




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33