Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows is minimizing/changing to window mode to games/browser

21 Oct 2011   #11
sharon122

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tanyam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sharon122 View Post
What do I need to see with this program, I run a test and turned it off when it showed me a warning that it reached 60C on the GPU (it need to show the warning on 100C but I changed it to 60C) it reached to 1300 frames when the warning appeared (tested with 1600x900full screen no AA) I did a screenshot but I don't know here did it save it
60C is not a problem for a GPU.

You need to run this test for a period of time, say 30 minutes. It is an artifacts test. It will run your GPU through it's paces and report if there are any problems. It's not 100% conclusive proof, but it's a real good start.

It if reports errors, then you may have a faulty card.

To attach an image click the paper click icon on the tool bar, next to the smiley face above this text.
Yea I know, I said that I don't know where program saved the screenshots.

Last question before the testing, which specifically test I need to run? (there is benchmark 720/1080 test, Burn In Test, GPU-Z and GPU Shark) + i'm using 1.9.1v of the program (up to date), but 1.8.5v has more options, which one to use?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Oct 2011   #12
TanyaC

Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon | Win 7 Ult x64
 
 

GPU-Z and GPU Shark are just monitoring and information tools.

You want to run the burn in. Let it run for about 30 mins. See if your PC rashes or freezes.

If you card is faulty you should see unuisual behaviour like artifacts (Tearing, missing sections of graphics on the screen, flashing lines etc).

Did you try updating your drivers and replacing the cable? Did you try and reseat the graphics card? You should do these before running furmark tests.

good luck

Edit: Just start with the standard burn in test, not the xtreme burn in
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2011   #13
sharon122

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tanyam View Post
GPU-Z and GPU Shark are just monitoring and information tools.

You want to run the burn in. Let it run for about 30 mins. See if your PC rashes or freezes.

If you card is faulty you should see unuisual behaviour like artifacts (Tearing, missing sections of graphics on the screen, flashing lines etc).

Did you try updating your drivers and replacing the cable? Did you try and reseat the graphics card? You should do these before running furmark tests.

good luck

Edit: Just start with the standard burn in test, not the xtreme burn in

The driver is up to date, I don't have another cable, reset or reseat? because I don't know how to reseat it, same to reset

Edit : did the test, it flashed 2 flashes every 1-2 min, didn't lag or anything ( Test was on 1600x900 resolution no AA)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Oct 2011   #14
TanyaC

Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon | Win 7 Ult x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sharon122 View Post
The driver is up to date, I don't have another cable, reset or reseat? because I don't know how to reseat it, same to reset

Edit : did the test, it flashed 2 flashes every 1-2 min, didn't lag or anything ( Test was on 1600x900 resolution no AA)
Reseating the card means to open your computers case, remove the card and replace it pushing it firmly at both ends to ensure it is snugly fitted into the PCIe slot. I would do the same for the cable at both ends (PC and monitor).

Furmark typically displays a static background with a slowly moving image overlay. It should not "flash".

What power supply are you using?

This is starting to sound more and more like a faulty card. Do you know someone you can borrow an ATI card from? Or your local computer store that can put another card in and test it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2011   #15
sharon122

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tanyam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sharon122 View Post
The driver is up to date, I don't have another cable, reset or reseat? because I don't know how to reseat it, same to reset

Edit : did the test, it flashed 2 flashes every 1-2 min, didn't lag or anything ( Test was on 1600x900 resolution no AA)
Reseating the card means to open your computers case, remove the card and replace it pushing it firmly at both ends to ensure it is snugly fitted into the PCIe slot. I would do the same for the cable at both ends (PC and monitor).

Furmark typically displays a static background with a slowly moving image overlay. It should not "flash".

What power supply are you using?

This is starting to sound more and more like a faulty card. Do you know someone you can borrow an ATI card from? Or your local computer store that can put another card in and test it?
Same to me, seems like the graphic card is kinnda defective, tomorrow i'm going to the shop I bought the pc from them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows is minimizing/changing to window mode to games/browser




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows losing focus/fullscreen games minimizing
Hello, First I'd like to apologize if this is in the wrong section/has been posted before (I did search). I normally use windowed borderless to play a game if its availible, when I'm playing, my task bar will appear (See attachments). In fullscreen mode, it will just minimize the game...
Gaming
slow motion while maximizing/minimizing windows and playing games
Hello all. I hope I can get some help for my problem. I have a lenovo g570 laptop with 8 gigs of ram and win 7 home premium 64 a few days ago, my laptop started behaving very strangely, exactly like this post describes...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Minimizing Full-Screen Games and Regular Windows
Hey, I have a problem, firstly here are my system specs: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.60 GHz 6.00 GB DDR3 RAM Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium ATI Radeon HD 4300/5000 Series My problem is that when I am playing games such as Minecraft or full screen games like Half-Life 2...
General Discussion
maximizing/minimizing windows and games in slow motion
Hi, I've had this problem for a while where occasionally when I boot up my laptop (Dell XPS), the windows would maximize and minimize in slow motion and all my games run in slow motion. A restart usually fixes the problem. I've looked for solutions in the past but the problem always comes...
General Discussion
i want to run games in window mode
some games cant run in window mode the game is monopoly 2008 i want a program to do this
Gaming
White blank window when changing to Basic Mode.
Hello guys, I'm experiencing a problem with my Windows 7 Professional installation. I have some programs that run in Basic Mode. And when the theme changes there is a blank screen on my far left screen. My other screens stay the same. I'm using a GTX295 (182.50 NVIDIA driver) on a triple head...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:14.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App