You should be able to boot the Paragon Drive Backup cd and make an image of the drive.
You may then be able to use Adaptive Restore to get the image back onto the HD and bootable.
( If not - there is no loss as you will have the image saved ).
If you don't have the Paragon apps. use the free
Drive Backup Express boot cd to make the image: Drive Backup Free Edition - disk backup software
Adaptive Restore is on the Rescue Kit Express cd - also free
: ( it includes a handy File Transfer Wizard as well ) FREE Rescue Kit 9.0 Express - Don't wait for disaster, get instant data recovery software kit!
Paragon Adaptive Restore:
1. Create backup image of your system using either Drive Backup or Hard Disk Manager. ( Use the Drive Backup Express boot cd to create the image )
2. Create Recovery CD via Recovery Media Builder ( Rescue Kit Express).
3. Boot from Rescue Kit Express CD your new hardware based machine and run into "Normal Mode".
4. Select "Simple Restore Wizard" and browse for backup image. Select hard drive to restore image to.
5. Then check the "Restore to different hardware configuration" box. This will make necessary changes during restore. Hit apply and wait till restore completes. Restart to Windows and install necessary drivers
as requested by Windows.