Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Strange desktop icon?

29 Oct 2011   #21
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

What is listed when you right click on that icon?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Oct 2011   #22
rsinbad

vista
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
It is not flashget at all ... sorry for misunderstanding

May you have a look here ? Fixed HP Laptop Touch Buttons Stop Working
If it is anything related to your HP Quick Touch Buttons .
sorry should have let you guy's know my system

HP Media 8070 uk
quad processor
3 gig ram
win 7 64bit
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #23
rsinbad

vista
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
What is listed when you right click on that icon?
My curser has no effect on this image it merely passes below it so cannot right click for options...?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Oct 2011   #24
TVeblen

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

That Icon could be generated by your monitor. It looks like the profile of a monitor. That would explain why you can't manipulate it, it does not exist within Windows.

I would play with the Settings on the monitor itself to see if I could get it to go away.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #25
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x2 Windows 10 Enterprise x64, Ubuntu
 
 

This is a capture from my system that shows this type of overlay generated by the Fn+F8 Key

Strange desktop icon?-osd.png

On my system it disappears after a second or so but I have seen this type of overlay get stuck


My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #26
rsinbad

vista
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen View Post
That Icon could be generated by your monitor. It looks like the profile of a monitor. That would explain why you can't manipulate it, it does not exist within Windows.

I would play with the Settings on the monitor itself to see if I could get it to go away.
Thank you ... checked everything except the obvious, I use a large tv as a monitor un be knowing to me my wife used the wrong remote control and muted my tv, hence the imoveable object,

She is not in my good books at the moment... advice to others don't let women play wiyh your zappers

Thanks to all those that posted
Regards Roy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #27
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Haha - classic
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #28
TVeblen

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rsinbad View Post

She is not in my good books at the moment... advice to others don't let women play wiyh your zappers
Aw now don't go get all heavy on the wife. You have too many damned remote controls and you know it!

And if any woman wants to play with my zapper, I let her!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2011   #29
jeepmann4x4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rsinbad View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen View Post
That Icon could be generated by your monitor. It looks like the profile of a monitor. That would explain why you can't manipulate it, it does not exist within Windows.

I would play with the Settings on the monitor itself to see if I could get it to go away.
Thank you ... checked everything except the obvious, I use a large tv as a monitor un be knowing to me my wife used the wrong remote control and muted my tv, hence the imoveable object,

She is not in my good books at the moment... advice to others don't let women play wiyh your zappers



Thanks to all those that posted
Regards Roy


ROFL
I just read this whole thread!!! Glad you got it fixed!! This goes on my top ten favorites list!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Strange desktop icon?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Strange Icon in windows 7 desktop
I have a strange icon in Windows 7 "S" I put a capture in attachement.
General Discussion
strange icon
Hello, I've got the following issue: When I delete any folder from library e.g. "video library" the folder including e.g. some movie gets a strange icon. It contains some lock icon in the lower left corner of the folder icon. Why is it so ? Hope, you can help me with that. :D
General Discussion
Internet Explorer 9 strange desktop icon
HI, I have a notebook with Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit english version.Afterthat, I installed Internet Explorer 9 English version, a strange icon appear on my desktop. It works normally (it opens up IE9) However, if I right click this icon, it shows me some simplified chinese chracters. I...
General Discussion
recycle bin icon missing (not the desktop icon)
It happened after I used custo pack tools to apply the Elune theme I got from deviantart. does anyone know how fix this? :D
Themes and Styles
White 'File' icon showing over top of normal desktop icon
Really weird, see attachment.. Tried resetting the icon cache. It's like this on all of my desktop icons.. any ideas?
General Discussion
Strange half icon on desktop
I'm clutching at straws here, I think but suddenly part of an icon came up at the bottom right of my screen whilst I was scanning one of my external hard drives. I managed to capture it with the snipping tool just before it mysteriously disappeared, not to be seen again, I hope. I have checked the...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:39.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App