Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Where is, and how do you Modify, Start-Up & Send-To-Are There Folders?

01 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Where is, and how do you Modify, Start-Up & Send-To-Are There Folders?

Have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 Bit. Detailed System Info probably not necessary to my question. In XP, under Documents & Settings (D&S)\User Name - there was a Start Folder. Was a Programs sub folder also, where programs in the "All Programs" on the Start Menu were found, a Start-Up Folder. Also, under same User Name Folder there was a Send To Folder so you could customize the right click Send To. In Folder Options I have set it to "View" all hidden and system folders.

Can't find anything comparable in 7. Want to modify Program Organization on the Start Menu and the right click Send To. Both could be done in XP. Saw a thread earlier where someone asked how to have Outlook launch on boot. Response from someone, apparently knowledgeable, said go to the D&S Folder, User Name, etc. There is no D&S Folder in 7, except for compatibility, apparently, which the ordinary user cannot access.

I'm new here. Hope this is the right place for my question. Also, this is www.sevenforums.com. Are "Windows7forums.com" and "w7forums.com" completely separate fora. Thanks for help.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Nov 2011   #2

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Welcome to the windows 7 forums Phillip JD

Send To Context Menu - Remove or Restore Default Items

In the tutorials for windows 7 forums are many many great and good tutorials for making changes
and fixing things in windows 7,

Visit the heading at the top of the menu and select Tutorials and then put in sendto.

like Send To Context Menu - Remove or Restore Default Items



Rich
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2011   #3
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello Philip, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Answers inline.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Philip JD View Post
Have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 Bit. Detailed System Info probably not necessary to my question. In XP, under Documents & Settings (D&S)\User Name - there was a Start Folder. Was a Programs sub folder also, where programs in the "All Programs" on the Start Menu were found, a Start-Up Folder.
This can help show you how to change the startup programs in Windows 7.

Startup Programs - Change
Quote:
Also, under same User Name Folder there was a Send To Folder so you could customize the right click Send To. In Folder Options I have set it to "View" all hidden and system folders.

Can't find anything comparable in 7. Want to modify Program Organization on the Start Menu and the right click Send To.
This can help show you how to add or remove items from the "Send To" context menu.

Send To Context Menu - Vista Forums


This can help show you how to add or remove items from the Start menu "All Programs" area.

Start Menu All Programs - Add or Delete Shortcuts
Quote:
I'm new here. Hope this is the right place for my question. Also, this is www.sevenforums.com. Are "Windows7forums.com" and "w7forums.com" completely separate fora. Thanks for help.
Yes, those are completely different websites that are not affiliated us.
Hope this helps,
Shawnn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Nov 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Solved: Thank you.

Thanks for Help. Am on my way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Where is, and how do you Modify, Start-Up & Send-To-Are There Folders?





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33