Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Plz help me to recover my hiden important data.

18 Nov 2011   #1

Win 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 
Plz help me to recover my hiden important data.

I have some big problem.I m using windows 7 ultimate 32-bit, Before 1 month i installed one software name "My Secret folder"(http://www.my-secret-folder.com/). The main function of this software is to hide or lock important file in his own folder. This software does NOT encrypt file,So I Hide my important 7-GB data using this softwares and recently my computer was attacked by a virus.So i formatted only my C:// drive, after formatted C:// drive My laptop work completely fine but icouldn't find my important 7-Gb data in d:// drive. This folder is still in hidden mode and occupy my 7-GB space.

I read all user guide manual from this software's website(http://www.winability.com/mysecretfo...sers-guide.htm ) but i can't find this solution.I tried to see through CMD and and tools>folder option>(uncheck two option) 1.show hidden files and folder 2.hide protected operating system files. Using these two method i can't fine my hidden file.

Anyone know how I can get my folders back, So please help me this data is very important for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Nov 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

No backup I assume right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2011   #3

Win 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
No backup I assume right?
Ya, right no back up. but i want to recover my 7-GB data so plz give me some tips..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Nov 2011   #4

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jams View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
No backup I assume right?
Ya, right no back up. but i want to recover my 7-GB data so plz give me some tips..

Sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings but your 99.999% out of luck. Most hidden/encryption programs use data from the existing system to create a key to allow usage.

Best to suck it up and do a complete reformat and remember the three most important features in operating systems.

BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP!


rich
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2011   #5

Windows 7 Professional SP1 32-bit
 
 

Rich, it doesn't encrypt anything. I agree 200% with the advice to BACKUP! but let's not give up just yet.

OP: go here
Technical and Customer Support and contact the company's support with your issue. I find it a bit hard to believe that a simple OS reinstall would make your folders completely inaccessible, assuming you didn't lose your password.

Let's see if the company can help you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2011   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Good. You must do what Corazon has advised. While you wait for their response, here is a blind shot.

Try running some File Recovery software like Recuva, PhotoRec and check whether those files show up. Both do not write anything to the disk. So there is absolutely no risk.

You may also consider running linux from a pendrive and see whether you can copy the files. ( I know nothing about Linux and pendrive Linux. Others may chip in to advise you on this if they consider it is worth trying. Also check this page http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Livecd for more details for running Test Disk/PhotoRec from Live CD/Linux distributions.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2011   #7
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Another 'blindshot' suggestion... Unhide
Unhide.exe (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exe) (by Grinler)
Once the program has been downloaded, double-click on the Unhide.exe icon on your desktop and allow the program to run. This program will remove the +H, or hidden, attribute from all the files on your hard drives. If there are any files that were purposely hidden by you, you will need to hide them again after this tool is run."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2011   #8

Win 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
Another 'blindshot' suggestion... Unhide
Unhide.exe (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exe) (by Grinler)
Once the program has been downloaded, double-click on the Unhide.exe icon on your desktop and allow the program to run. This program will remove the +H, or hidden, attribute from all the files on your hard drives. If there are any files that were purposely hidden by you, you will need to hide them again after this tool is run."
Thanks Bro i will it..and tell you the result..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2011   #9

Win 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
Good. You must do what Corazon has advised. While you wait for their response, here is a blind shot.

Try running some File Recovery software like Recuva, PhotoRec and check whether those files show up. Both do not write anything to the disk. So there is absolutely no risk.

You may also consider running linux from a pendrive and see whether you can copy the files. ( I know nothing about Linux and pendrive Linux. Others may chip in to advise you on this if they consider it is worth trying. Also check this page TestDisk Livecd - CGSecurity for more details for running Test Disk/PhotoRec from Live CD/Linux distributions.)

Thans for good information..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Plz help me to recover my hiden important data.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Plz help me to recover my hiden important data.
Thread Forum
How to recover data from a GPT disk? Backup and Restore
want help to recover data Installation & Setup
Solved *Important* Accidently deleted volume in Disk Manager, how to recover? Backup and Restore
Backing up hard drives to external, important data ie; pictures music Backup and Restore
recover pen drive data Software
How do I recover data after reformatting General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33