Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Entering Power Save Mode


07 Aug 2009   #1

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Entering Power Save Mode

I installed Windows 7 64-bit Build 7600.16399-0900722-1835. I guess it's the most recent one. I've had it for about a week now, but yesterday, after about 10 minutes, in enters the power save mode and the screen goes back and I'm pretty much stuck. The same crap used to happen with Vista and I'm having other minor problems with email and downloading things with Internet Download Manager. I beginning to worry about this thing. I have to reboot the machine every time this happens. They're no trojans or malware. I'm using Kaspersky 2010 which works great with it. It's not the power settings either. I'm just at a loss. What in the world could be causing this?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Aug 2009   #2

Windows 7
 
 

I'm curious... do you have a wireless keyboard or mouse?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #3

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyblack1974 View Post
I installed Windows 7 64-bit Build 7600.16399-0900722-1835. I guess it's the most recent one. I've had it for about a week now, but yesterday, after about 10 minutes, in enters the power save mode and the screen goes back and I'm pretty much stuck. The same crap used to happen with Vista and I'm having other minor problems with email and downloading things with Internet Download Manager. I beginning to worry about this thing. I have to reboot the machine every time this happens. They're no trojans or malware. I'm using Kaspersky 2010 which works great with it. It's not the power settings either. I'm just at a loss. What in the world could be causing this?
entering power save mode usually appears due to the following:
1: Incorrect power settings.
2: RAM errors.
3: Bad video card.
4: incorrect Bios settings.

Check your power settings.
open up your computer and reseat the RAM.
remove the video card, if present to eliminate the cause.
In Bios, change the sleep settings to S3.

Hope this helps,
Dinesh.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Aug 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 build 7600
 
 

Quote:
1: Incorrect power settings.
How do we determine what is the correct settings, I have gone through numerous setting but never solved this problem with windows 7
Quote:
2: RAM errors.
Tried 1gb/2gb/3gb/4gb in various combination nothing solved this problem.
Quote:
3: Bad video card.
I have only one card xfx7600GT with latest drivers, cant change that.
Quote:
4: incorrect Bios settings.
How do we determine what is the correct settings? what I understand is that if I set bios setting are correct & power setting are wrong then it will fail same happens vise versa ..................so HOW do we conclude the final correct settings?

On default bios setting XPsp2 sleeps fine & wakes up fine so its not the hardware which is faulty, its something in Windows 7 OS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #5

Windows 7 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
entering power save mode usually appears due to the following:
1: Incorrect power settings.
2: RAM errors.
3: Bad video card.
4: incorrect Bios settings.

Check your power settings.
open up your computer and reseat the RAM.
remove the video card, if present to eliminate the cause.
In Bios, change the sleep settings to S3.

Hope this helps,
Dinesh.
You were close with 1: the rest is a fishing expedition, But 1: should be

1: Sleep After, turned on in power config and set for specific minutes.

Bad video cards, bad bios settings, and ram problems, don't cause the system to go into power save mode...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #6

Windows 7 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ranjan2001 View Post
How do we determine what is the correct settings, I have gone through numerous setting but never solved this problem with windows 7
Tried 1gb/2gb/3gb/4gb in various combination nothing solved this problem.
I have only one card xfx7600GT with latest drivers, cant change that.
How do we determine what is the correct settings? what I understand is that if I set bios setting are correct & power setting are wrong then it will fail same happens vise versa ..................so HOW do we conclude the final correct settings?

On default bios setting XPsp2 sleeps fine & wakes up fine so its not the hardware which is faulty, its something in Windows 7 OS.
Chances are it's a driver. One thing you could do is start disabling onboard devices in the bios.... Sound, Network, eSata, Com, LPT, ports, etc. Try sleep and resume then, does it work? If it does, narrow it down to 1 device.

Also unplug all of your USB devices except those like keyboard/mouse, see if it is one of those.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Entering Power Save Mode




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Entering Power Save Mode
Thread Forum
Solved PC will not wake up from 'power save' mode BSOD Help and Support
Dell monitor flashes after Power-Save Mode Hardware & Devices
Solved BSOD while ASUS P43E stays in power save mode. BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD when waking up from power save mode BSOD Help and Support
Mafia II and monitor power save mode Gaming
Help, permament power save mode. General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33