Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Unpin from start menu missing!


09 Dec 2011   #1

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 
Unpin from start menu missing!

Help with windows 7 start menu option to "unpin" or "remove from list is missing"
When I right click a program in the start menu to remove it I don't get the option to do either one of these.
Why won't it let me remove a program from my start menu?? AM I doing something wrong?? I hate windows 7

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Dec 2011   #2
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello Sam, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Were you trying to unpin a program from the "All Programs", "Pin to" (unpin), or "Recent List" (Remove from this list) area in the Start menu?

Unpin from start menu missing!-all-programs.jpgUnpin from start menu missing!-pin-.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2011   #3

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Sam, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Were you trying to unpin a program from the "All Programs", "Pin to" (unpin), or "Recent List" (Remove from this list) area in the Start menu?

Attachment 187558Attachment 187559
I am trying to remove Playstation Tools from the All Programs list. it won't let me remove or upin it. thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Dec 2011   #4
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

In the "All Programs" list, you should have a Delete option instead. This will only delete it from the Start Menu and not actually delete the program.

Start Menu All Programs - Add or Delete Shortcuts

Hope this helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2011   #5

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
In the "All Programs" list, you should have a Delete option instead. This will only delete it from the Start Menu and not actually delete the program.

Start Menu All Programs - Add or Delete Shortcuts

Hope this helps.
When I right click Playstation Tools to delete it asks "are you sure you want to move this folder to the recycle bin?" Is it ok to delete it even though it doesn't show a folder, just the icon? Thanks so much
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2011   #6
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

You're most welcome.

Yes, it's fine to delete it if you like since it's only a shortcut of Playstation Tools in your Start Menu. If you like, you could always create a new shortcut of it later from the exe file of Playstation Tools.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #7

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
You're most welcome.

Yes, it's fine to delete it if you like since it's only a shortcut of Playstation Tools in your Start Menu. If you like, you could always create a new shortcut of it later from the exe file of Playstation Tools.
Thanks Brink for all your help. It is now deleted.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #8
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

You're welcome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Unpin from start menu missing!




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33