So just today, I have encountered an error saying "You have logged into temporary profile". I have searched some various tutorials to fix my problem, I'm not quite familiar with all these so I probably messed up.
I have used this two specific tutorial as my guideline
Brick's User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile - Vista Forums
Michael Belsky's (the one on the comment, the tutorial from the link doesn't work for me) How to Fix Temporary Profile in Windows 7
What I did:
1. Created a new administrator profile (Let's call it, newadmin)
2. 1. I deleted my user profile from the control panel and kept the files (the one that encountered the problem, let's call it brokenprofile)
3. In the registry of newadmin, I located brokenprofile's SID (the one with .bak and has an ProfileImagePath data of C:/Users/brokenprofile.
3. I exported the SID folder for backup porpuse and then deleted it from the registry.
4. I copied the files inside C:/Users/brokenprofile into newadmin's desktop (my pictures, my documents, etc, etc..)
I'm lost now, any help would be much appriciated. Thank you very much.
Reason I can't move on with the other steps:
Everytime I try to re-create the brokenprofile in the control panel user account, I ended up having an ProfileImagePath named brokenprofile.computername-PC. When using a different user profile name, it ends up clean with only my desired username, withouth the .computername-PC