|19 Dec 2011||#2|
1. Right-click the C Drive and then click Properties.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
4. In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group.
5. Click on Edit and then put a check mark against "Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object".
6. Click OK, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:
This will replace explicitly defined permissions on all descendants of this object with inheritable permissions from C-Drive (C.
Do you wish to continue?
7. Once the permissions are replaced, click on Ok.
8. Check if you are able to copy, paste or delete any documents now.
If the above steps fail then you may also want to disable UAC and check if that helps.
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the start search box, and then press Enter.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. Click the Tools tab.
3. Click Disable UAC and then click Launch.
4. A command window appears, and shortly thereafter, a notification bubble appears informing you that UAC is disabled.
5. Click Ok and restart your computer to apply the change
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
Creating a new file in C: drive gives error 0x80070522
If I try to create a new file in C: drive, I get this error: Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by client. I first noticed this error after doing a 'frugal' install of BackTrack 5R3 (Linux distribution) setup on C: using UNetbootin. I thought it must be preventing me from creating...
|Hardware & Devices|
Error 0x80070522 (no solution?)
I'll describe the scenario under which my issue occured so that maybe it will by chance give someone an idea of what actually happened (because I don't understand it at all). I networked my desktop and laptop computers the other day. I shared my entire hard disk on my laptop with my desktop....
|Network & Sharing|
Weird Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client
I have a weird Error 0x80070522 error on one of my partition. Why is weird ? Well because I cannot save anything on the partition because I receive this error. However sometimes, randomly i can copy files on that partition after I receive the ''You need to provide system administrator privilege.......
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:33.