Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: multi boot win 7/xp in lenevo


26 Dec 2011   #1

Windows 7 Enterprise X86_32bit V6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
 
 
multi boot win 7/xp in lenevo

hi all i have a Lenevo G570 lap which is belongs to one of my friends ... I tried to make multi boot with Win 7&XP ... So i installed xp and windows 7 is already there. now xp only booting without prompt selection of os ..

please help me to make dual boot...

Windows 7 and xp in different partitions.... say E: and G:


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Dec 2011   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

try running start up repair off the windows 7 install disc

Startup Repair
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2011   #3

Windows 7 Professional x64 Linux Mint 16
 
 

Always install older operating systems first. XP fouled up the Master Boot Record. Try doing a startup repair with a windows7 disc, if you have one, or try using EasyBCD 2.0

Strange XP is not showing as your C: drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Dec 2011   #4

Windows 7 Enterprise X86_32bit V6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Always install older operating systems first. XP fouled up the Master Boot Record. Try doing a startup repair with a windows7 disc, if you have one, or try using EasyBCD 2.0

Strange XP is not showing as your C: drive.
thanx dude yups not C: actually my friend installed which is win 7 and C: was locked with 100mb as system reserved. now i couldn't install drivers for this xp ... saying not enough memory ... i need a solution to have dual boot 7 and xp and this 100 mb C: reservation. bro
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2011   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

the 100mb reserved IS the boot record.
Its no wonder it's not working right if you keep deleting it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2011   #6

Windows 7 Enterprise X86_32bit V6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
the 100mb reserved IS the boot record.
Its no wonder it's not working right if you keep deleting it.
yes ryt its not accessible any solution for that and why itis happen bro ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2011   #7
Microsoft MVP

 

Mark System Reserved Active then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times to boot Windows 7. Partition - Mark as Active (Method Two)

If this fails mark Windows 7 partition itself Active and run the 3 Repairs.

Then install Easy BCD 2.02 to Windows 7 to Add XP to Dual Boot menu.

Post back a screenshot of your maximized Disk Mgmt drive map if there are any probs once Windows 7 boots using the steps I gave you exactly. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums - Windows 7 Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #8

Windows 7 Enterprise X86_32bit V6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Mark System Reserved Active then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times to boot Windows 7. Partition - Mark as Active (Method Two)

If this fails mark Windows 7 partition itself Active and run the 3 Repairs.

Then install Easy BCD 2.02 to Windows 7 to Add XP to Dual Boot menu.

Post back a screenshot of your maximized Disk Mgmt drive map if there are any probs once Windows 7 boots using the steps I gave you exactly. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums - Windows 7 Forums
thanks bro
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 multi boot win 7/xp in lenevo




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: multi boot win 7/xp in lenevo
Thread Forum
Help please multi boot/drivers Drivers
SSD and Multi boot Hardware & Devices
Multi-boot Cd or DVD General Discussion
IBM Lenevo 3000 N200 built-in mic problem on Windows 7 Sound & Audio
Multi boot Installation & Setup
Multi independant boot's Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33