I thought I had taken care of the problem from installing pdfcreator from pdforge by uninstalling their toolbar. It took care of another process called "searchsettings.exe" but I later found applicationupddater.exe as a process.
I got rid of it by stopping the process.
Then I ran the command prompt by typing "cmd" from the start menu, and before launching it, I right clicked on cmd.exe and told it to run as administrator. Then I changed the directory and deleted the files. I removed the directory afterwards and then I went through the registry, backed up the registry and removed all the references to that directory.