Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: When does Windows Seven will be released?

15 Aug 2009   #1
Mr Cat

 
When does Windows Seven will be released?

Hi to my fellow Windows friends. Now I'm really confused what year windows seven will come out . Well lets get to the real reason I'm posting right now on the general forums, I've got no clue to were I should post this thread or even how to find my question to ponder my thoughts. An their is one last thing that does not contain to Windows Seven computer but I will ask in the last prat of this thread. Sorry for my bad seplling & bad grammer, please bare with me & Do not be so hars to my wrighting because it will not go no were with my question an it wont reslove nothing if your flaming spaming ect on my thread. An if this not the wright prat of Windows Seven forums wood any admit or mods wood move it to the right forums . Notie I've been a Windows 95, Windows XP for live .

My question's:
  1. When is the year Windows Seven will be released?
  2. When is the date & the month when Windows Seven be released?
  3. Will most games like: World of Warcraft, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, an older games form past Windows computer, will it run on Windows Seven?
  4. How much wood Windows Seven wood coast for a lap top & a desktop computer?
  5. Is flat screen monitors for computers are going to be streached out?
  6. Wood best buy, circuit city computer personialy wood know what kind of drivers computer soft ware ect to get in order to run games? (I'm not a computer person)
Well to clear up the last question on what games that I want to play that are they are older games form Windows 95 the game's are called: Duke Nukem three D & Star Wars: Droid Works, I've loved those games scene I've gotten them. Lets go on to my off topic question, every one know that the analog t.v channels are no more they are all digital t.vs: well I want to get a new antenna but I went to http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx to find what antenna to get to get a good channels an instead of getting white & grey fuzz an they said on the website to look for the red check on the box for the antenna, well I want to get one that is for the t.v only not outside gets inside for on top of the t.v, wood anyone care for telling me were to get one that is a good kind an at the right price. An I will get a new flat screen t.v, flat screen monitor for Windows Seven.



Sinscerily,


Mr Cat


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Aug 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I'm going to try to answer this.

Windows 7 releases to the general public on Oct 22, 2009.
Most older games should run just fine...AFAIK

Windows 7 pricing depends upon the version. I'll assume Home Premium would be alright for you. Here is a link describing pricing; Windows 7 pricing announced: cheaper than Vista (Updated) - Ars Technica

Flat screens won't be streched out. When you install your video card driver, you will be able to set your resolution to whatever the resolution of your monitor is.

Best Buy and others won't know exactly what you will need....unless they recently sold you the computer. You will just need the drivers for the hardware that you have installed. You may have to find a small computer shop to help you with the install however if you aren't savvy at all with computers.

Sorry about the antennae question..but I have cable and know absolutely nothing about them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Cat View Post
Hi to my fellow Windows friends. Now I'm really confused what year windows seven will come out . Well lets get to the real reason I'm posting right now on the general forums, I've got no clue to were I should post this thread or even how to find my question to ponder my thoughts. An their is one last thing that does not contain to Windows Seven computer but I will ask in the last prat of this thread. Sorry for my bad seplling & bad grammer, please bare with me & Do not be so hars to my wrighting because it will not go no were with my question an it wont reslove nothing if your flaming spaming ect on my thread. An if this not the wright prat of Windows Seven forums wood any admit or mods wood move it to the right forums . Notie I've been a Windows 95, Windows XP for live .

My question's:
  1. When is the year Windows Seven will be released?
  2. When is the date & the month when Windows Seven be released?
  3. Will most games like: World of Warcraft, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, an older games form past Windows computer, will it run on Windows Seven?
  4. How much wood Windows Seven wood coast for a lap top & a desktop computer?
  5. Is flat screen monitors for computers are going to be streached out?
  6. Wood best buy, circuit city computer personialy wood know what kind of drivers computer soft ware ect to get in order to run games? (I'm not a computer person)
Well to clear up the last question on what games that I want to play that are they are older games form Windows 95 the game's are called: Duke Nukem three D & Star Wars: Droid Works, I've loved those games scene I've gotten them. Lets go on to my off topic question, every one know that the analog t.v channels are no more they are all digital t.vs: well I want to get a new antenna but I went to http://www.anttenna.org to find what antenna to get to get a good channles an instead of getting white & grey fuzz an they said on the website to look for the red check on the box for the antenna, well I want to get one that is for the t.v only not outside gets inside for on top of the t.v, wood anyone carie for telling me were to get one that is a good kind an at the right price. An I will get a new flat screen t.v, flat screen mointor for Windows Seven.



Sinscerily,


Mr Cat





very hard to read but I can answer numbers 1 & 2: You can buy Windows 7 in stores from Oct 22. Check online as some places are offering discounts for pre-ordering. Most games will work but some of your older ones may not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Aug 2009   #4
Mr Cat

 

I wood be buying brand new computer, so in other words then they wood know what I be looking for, because if I find the game system an all that then they will know what I need .

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
I'm going to try to answer this.

Windows 7 releases to the general public on Oct 22, 2009.
Most older games should run just fine...AFAIK

Windows 7 pricing depends upon the version. I'll assume Home Premium would be alright for you. Here is a link describing pricing; Windows 7 pricing announced: cheaper than Vista (Updated) - Ars Technica

Flat screens won't be streched out. When you install your video card driver, you will be able to set your resolution to whatever the resolution of your monitor is.

Best Buy and others won't know exactly what you will need....unless they recently sold you the computer. You will just need the drivers for the hardware that you have installed. You may have to find a small computer shop to help you with the install however if you aren't savvy at all with computers.

Sorry about the antennae question..but I have cable and know absolutely nothing about them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Yes, you can tell them you are looking for a computer for gaming. Since you are getting new, it will come with Windows 7 after Oct 22. I would wait until then, rather than buying now and trying to upgrade on your own. And everything you need would already be installed on a brand new machine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #6
Mr Cat

 

I'm going to watie no matter what, because I do not know the pricing. An also I wood get a lap top for school work and to look up stuff were ever I be at, I wood get use to Windows Seven be for I get it on the desktop . I wonder if the desktop tower wood have wheels on it.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Yes, you can tell them you are looking for a computer for gaming. Since you are getting new, it will come with Windows 7 after Oct 22. I would wait until then, rather than buying now and trying to upgrade on your own. And everything you need would already be installed on a brand new machine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Most desktop towers don't have wheels on them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #8

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Some Towers have wheels


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Yes, but "most" of them do not. Hence the reason that I said "most".

Also, I've never seen a tower in a retail store like Best Buy come with casters.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #10
Mr Cat

 

It looks like an old computer.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Some Towers have wheels
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 When does Windows Seven will be released?





Please note  Please note
        When your issue is fixed please remember to thank those that helped you and mark the thread as solved.
Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: When does Windows Seven will be released?
Thread Forum
Who's switching to Windows 8 when its released? Chillout Room
Windows 7 SP1 RC released News
Windows 7 Manager v1.2.1 released Software
UltraMon For Windows 7 Released Software
Windows 7 RTM to be released October 3rd News
Windows 7 has been released to manufacturing... General Discussion
Windows 7 Released with NO IE!! Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33