Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: User/owner

16 Feb 2012   #1

64 bit window 7 prem.
 
 
User/owner

Hi, I went to command prompt and made a chkdsk/f and it asked me user/owner
so I put my user name but it keeps asking for it, what am I doing wrong ?

My laptop say :C dont I have to type chkdsk c ?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Feb 2012   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Danshibai View Post
Hi, I went to command prompt and made a chkdsk/f and it asked me user/owner
so I put my user name but it keeps asking for it, what am I doing wrong ?

My laptop say :C dont I have to type chkdsk c ?
Why do you need to run CHKDSK from the command prompt?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2012   #3

64 bit window 7 prem.
 
 

Due to I got An unexpected i/o error has occurred 0xc00000e9 so i tried many thing and read in this forum to perform a chkdsk to find wat error or bad sector.. I am doing dis in safe mode the only way i can log in and perform some action.. I tried system restore to an earlier date and no progress, so i want to see if i have to buy a new hard drive...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Feb 2012   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Danshibai View Post
Due to I got An unexpected i/o error has occurred 0xc00000e9 so i tried many thing and read in this forum to perform a chkdsk to find wat error or bad sector.. I am doing dis in safe mode the only way i can log in and perform some action.. I tried system restore to an earlier date and no progress, so i want to see if i have to buy a new hard drive...
So I assume you are booting from the win 7 dvd and opening a cmd from it? I/O error can mean the HD, the controller, a driver, etc.

can you boot windows in safe mode?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2012   #5

64 bit window 7 prem.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Danshibai View Post
Due to I got An unexpected i/o error has occurred 0xc00000e9 so i tried many thing and read in this forum to perform a chkdsk to find wat error or bad sector.. I am doing dis in safe mode the only way i can log in and perform some action.. I tried system restore to an earlier date and no progress, so i want to see if i have to buy a new hard drive...
So I assume you are booting from the win 7 dvd and opening a cmd from it? I/O error can mean the HD, the controller, a driver, etc.

can you boot windows in safe mode?
I can open window in safe mode and its an acer aspire notebook no dvd/cd driver.
I tried in none safe mode open window normally but it stays loading and then
screen turns black, no type of images, no words..
I did window repair thats when the error shows up.
I opened window in safe mode did a system revovery, no progress.
Now trying the chkdsk option I read here in this forum.
Btw if I nvr knew about dis site it is great.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2012   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Did you right click CMD and run as administrator?
Also you need to put in spaces after chkdsk and C:
Like this chkdsk C: /F
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2012   #7

64 bit window 7 prem.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Did you right click CMD and run as administrator?
Also you need to put in spaces after chkdsk and C:
Like this chkdsk C: /F
Nop not right clik but ill try all options tks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2012   #8

64 bit window 7 prem.
 
 

Hi, can I re-install window 7 using my usb in safe mode ? I have window 7 in my usb..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2012   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Did you get chkdsk to run?

You will need to boot using your USB. Change the boot order in your bios to look for a USB device to boot with instead of the HD.

Is your USB drive bootable? You cant just copy a Windows 7 disk or .iso file to a USB. Read this for instructions. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2432-usb-windows-7-installation-key-drive-create.html

Let Windows format and install on your hard drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2012   #10

XP / Win7 x64 Pro
 
 

Before you go reinstalling Windows 7 you should determine whether or not your disk has errors, unless you want to be doing this all over again in the near future. What was the result of running checkdisk? Did it ever complete successfully?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 User/owner





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: User/owner
Thread Forum
What does this owner-pc belong to? Network & Sharing
hp slate 2 new owner Chillout Room
Windows 7 user/owner vs author General Discussion
Solved Single user PC why do I need Admin + Owner + Users ? General Discussion
Solved owner tab General Discussion
Files in User/Owner/AppData/Local General Discussion
Solved User profile - Owner and Rights General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33