Somewhere along the line, a partial installation of presonus' StudioOne application was made on my laptop. Now, everytime I re-boot a minimum of two, and sometimes 6 to 8 installation dialog boxes are launched. I've tried the following with no satisfactory results:
- Running through the install procedure. Which still results in the install launching on a boot.
- Removing the program (though add/remove)
- removed any references to presonus in the resgistry
- I can find no reference to it in startup
- I can find no install code anywhere. As soon as it starts to run, on re-boot, an exe is put into C:\Users\gbetts\appdata\local\temp. Symantec always sees this executable as a potential virus, and ends up putting in in quarantine.
- I find no reference (as yet) in the event logs for this install in an attempt to locate the code that is run and remove it.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions as this is driving my quite nuts. I'd hate to have to rebuild this box just to stop this madness.
Thanks in advance!