I'm really in desperate need of more heads to work on this. I know this is a long post, but it's basically info you're gonna need anyways. Please i need the help - If you don't feel like reading, Just skim over the underlined titles..
I have been trying all sorts of things, since this problem started, yesterday .. And my head feels like it's splitting from all this trial and error, and continuously not working.
I'd consider myself a fairly experienced user, and I've figured out some things already (just not enought to fix) so it should not be too hard helping me - i just hope any of you have any thoughts on this problem. I will do my best to explain every important detail, as well as possible My specs:
Acer Aspire 5920G
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
Intel core 2 Duo processor T5550 1.83 GHz
4 gb ram
- Connected to Samsung Monitor (might/might not? have something to do with it) So the story goes: Yesterday afternoon i installed the game "Borderlands". Everything went smooth and started playing it. Without problems i started singleplayer and watched the first cutscenes, HOWEVER right after as i could interact (gamewise) it just froze, and stuttered really, really badly.. That went on for 3 mins or so, while i could not do anything to stop it. Before i did a hard shutdown myself, the computer just restarted. The actual problem: I get stuck on the "Starting windows" logo/screen
..to expand on this, the logo moves as normally for a while, but then it stops. Nothing more happens. If i wait for a while, the computer ends up restarting itself. SO: There are two things I've been able to do, which are:
- Safe mode
- Start with last working config
(Not correctly written, but you know what i mean) I have not been able to get much use out of safe mode, but now you know that's an option.
"Last working configuration" - As i could boot into windows with this option, I expected the computer to work afterwards..... right?? But no, at restart it does the same thing all over again. Observations:
- When i get into windows through "last working config", it automatically starts installing "Video controller (vga compatible) " and afterwards installs "Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS"
- Problem still persists afterwards
- When i go into my display options/resolution, Display Device is "1. Default Monitor on"
- If i stop the automatic installation of "Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS", (or just uninstall it) and restart afterwards i can boot normally into the computer.
- If i re-install the latest drivers
for the Geforce card - guess what
It's stuck on "starting windows" again *sigh*
- I have been trying to update my "intel chipset PM965" driver
, because it seems to be malfunctioning, but the latest version of the driver is telling me "this system does not meet the requirements" My brain is honestly falling apart from working on this problem for i dont know how many hours straight...
So im sure i have left out some things for now, but im sure this is sufficient information to describe my problem for you guys. I will expand info if possible, as necessary