Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: laptop wont boot


24 Feb 2012   #1

windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 
laptop wont boot

hello guys i have Fujitsu Siemens there was a problem with the fan
i make reset for bios but after reseting the bios laptop won't boot what can i do



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Feb 2012   #2
Microsoft MVP

Vista and now 7 in 32 and 64 bit.
 
 

First choice is to have a look in the bios again and make sure you have your first/operative Hard disk set as the boot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #3

windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

no i cant do anything only beep and black screen
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Feb 2012   #4

 
 

By 'reset', do you mean restore to default, save and exit?

Or did you try and Flash the Bios to an older BIOS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #5

windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

no i mean i removed the battery on the mother board for 5 minutes then i reinstall it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Try powering on the laptop and immediately start tapping the F8 key until you get into the advanced windows menu options. If you get in, try last known good configuration.

Also with branded laptops, when you first power up you should see a screen that shows some F key options in the lower left hand of screen...F2, F10, F11 or F12. One of those will reformat your laptop to factory settings and the other will get you into the advanced windows menu.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #7

windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 
there is only black screen and beeping

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
Try powering on the laptop and immediately start tapping the F8 key until you get into the advanced windows menu options. If you get in, try last known good configuration.

Also with branded laptops, when you first power up you should see a screen that shows some F key options in the lower left hand of screen...F2, F10, F11 or F12. One of those will reformat your laptop to factory settings and the other will get you into the advanced windows menu.
there is only black screen and beeping
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #8

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seaways911 View Post
no i mean i removed the battery on the mother board for 5 minutes then i reinstall it
So you reset the CMOS?


What does the beeping sound like after pressing the on button?

What was the original problem with the fan?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #9

windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seaways911 View Post
no i mean i removed the battery on the mother board for 5 minutes then i reinstall it
So you reset the CMOS?


What does the beeping sound like after pressing the on button?

What was the original problem with the fan?
the fan was not working but after resting cmos as u said the fan work correctly but i search on the internet for beeping code it was for vga problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #10
Microsoft MVP

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64 bit
 
 

It would help if you filled in your system specs!
Is this a laptop or a desktop?
What fan didn't work?
Are you sure you put the battery back in the correct way?
If this is a desktop PC power down and re-seat your Video card to make sure it didn't come loose while you were working on the PC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 laptop wont boot




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: laptop wont boot
Thread Forum
laptop wont boot with ssd and hdd installed after os swap Hardware & Devices
Laptop HP wont boot after hang up while working. General Discussion
Solved laptop wont boot General Discussion
Insperon Laptop Wont Boot BSOD Help and Support
laptop wont boot Hardware & Devices
Laptop wont boot BSOD Help and Support
Vaio laptop wont boot from cd Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33