Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: My PC Hanged/Freezed then no more POST of bios

26 Feb 2012   #1
noelian13

windows 7 ultimate
 
 
My PC Hanged/Freezed then no more POST of bios

Ahhm...hello...and good day

Details/System specs written in my profile... (PC) Running win 7 ultimate 32bit

my problem...i was running the system fine....programming running...samsung kies(downloading apps for my phone) and google chrome....nothing else suddenly my pc just freezed and cant move anything or type then i waited for 15 mins but nothing happened so i was forced to force restart it using the restart button but when i restarted i didnt hear any beeps so i restarted it again using the restart button but still same result.,, then i tried opening cpu...disconnected my dvd rom drive...plugged my pc again nothing happened....so tried removing my rams one by one (got two) nothing....tried cleaning its contacts nothing happened ....ohh and this past 2 days i didnt install any drivers or hardware


im suspecting its my cmos battery ?i tried resetting it by removing the battery for 5 mins but no effect also its weird....when i power the system...the reset button becomes the power off button too o.0 which shouldn't be happening....

could it be that my board/bios is toasted already? how can i tell ? someone tell me :3

THhanks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Feb 2012   #2
codekiddy

Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1 Version 6.1 Build 7601
 
 

haven't you maybe changing "total availabe memory" under msconfig>boot>advanced options>maximum memory?

just guessing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2012   #3
noelian13

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by codekiddy View Post
haven't you maybe changing "total availabe memory" under msconfig>boot>advanced options>maximum memory?

just guessing
sorry nope.... i only got normal defaults in msconfig
just got that hang/freezed situation then rebooted then boom pc got owned
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Feb 2012   #4
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noelian13 View Post
Ahhm...hello...and good day

Details/System specs written in my profile... (PC) Running win 7 ultimate 32bit

my problem...i was running the system fine....programming running...samsung kies(downloading apps for my phone) and google chrome....nothing else suddenly my pc just freezed and cant move anything or type then i waited for 15 mins but nothing happened so i was forced to force restart it using the restart button but when i restarted i didnt hear any beeps so i restarted it again using the restart button but still same result.,, then i tried opening cpu...disconnected my dvd rom drive...plugged my pc again nothing happened....so tried removing my rams one by one (got two) nothing....tried cleaning its contacts nothing happened ....ohh and this past 2 days i didnt install any drivers or hardware


im suspecting its my cmos battery ?i tried resetting it by removing the battery for 5 mins but no effect also its weird....when i power the system...the reset button becomes the power off button too o.0 which shouldn't be happening....

could it be that my board/bios is toasted already? how can i tell ? someone tell me :3

THhanks!
When you restart, what screen do you get to before it freezes?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2012   #5
noelian13

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noelian13 View Post
Ahhm...hello...and good day

Details/System specs written in my profile... (PC) Running win 7 ultimate 32bit

my problem...i was running the system fine....programming running...samsung kies(downloading apps for my phone) and google chrome....nothing else suddenly my pc just freezed and cant move anything or type then i waited for 15 mins but nothing happened so i was forced to force restart it using the restart button but when i restarted i didnt hear any beeps so i restarted it again using the restart button but still same result.,, then i tried opening cpu...disconnected my dvd rom drive...plugged my pc again nothing happened....so tried removing my rams one by one (got two) nothing....tried cleaning its contacts nothing happened ....ohh and this past 2 days i didnt install any drivers or hardware


im suspecting its my cmos battery ?i tried resetting it by removing the battery for 5 mins but no effect also its weird....when i power the system...the reset button becomes the power off button too o.0 which shouldn't be happening....

could it be that my board/bios is toasted already? how can i tell ? someone tell me :3

THhanks!
When you restart, what screen do you get to before it freezes?
ah.. before it hanged the pc was ok so i got the normal windows bootup...then hanged..restarted...pc monitor says no signal

i've checked my pc bios in the net and theres nothing mentioned about the bios not beeping....my guess is that its cmos battery? as if theres a failure my bios will beep several times or beep longer...but no beep at all

if i try to change cmos batt and still the same what should i do?

thanks ^^,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2012   #6
gregrocker

 

Will a DVD or CD boot? If so boot WIn7 DVD or System Repair Disk to run Startup Repair repeatedly. Try also booting autostart RAM Test - Memtest86+ CD, or HD Diagnostic CD.

If disk won't boot: Unplug the HD's, will BIOS post now? Will a bootable CD/DVD boot? This can mean corrupt HD boot sector code is blocking BIOS post requiring wiping the HD. Frozen BIOS Boot screen

If this fails reset BIOS to defaults in BIOS setup, replace CMOS battery.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2012   #7
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noelian13 View Post
.. before it hanged the pc was ok so i got the normal windows bootup...then hanged..restarted...pc monitor says no signal

i've checked my pc bios in the net and theres nothing mentioned about the bios not beeping....my guess is that its cmos battery? as if theres a failure my bios will beep several times or beep longer...but no beep at all

if i try to change cmos batt and still the same what should i do?

thanks ^^,
This sounds pretty obvious, but have you looked to see if the monitor cable is hooked to the PC?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2012   #8
noelian13

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

okay just got home an update
i removed vid card cleaned it then replaced it setup bios to load at pci express card for vid card then it correctly loads....stops for fatal error cant find necessary adjustments something like that ....searched google...found results telling me to load my repair disk...loaded it but....its stuck in starting windows screen been there for 30 mins.....tried removing pci card(myvid card) still same....idk what to do....i tried press f8 and pressed repair computer...same ....stuck in starting windows screen.... no animation just that word....i runned out of ideas on whats wrong also tried safe boot....but its also stuck waited for 15 mins no progress

tried removing my mouse,my printer,and all things plugged to my pc
except keyboard monitor(plugged to my internal vid card by motherboard) still same...freezed as this

almost same problem as this http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-22a73b72f6d6

tried suggestions there but how can i even start the starup repair if in the first place im stuck at the starting windows thingy screen....and i also have the classpnp.sys stuck if trying in safe mode

UPDATE: fixed it...somehow....i just pulled out my ram and inserted it again...somehow it worked
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2012   #9
gregrocker

 

Could have been debris in the RAM slot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2012   #10
noelian13

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

yeh i agree ...its been 3 months since i cleaned my cpu
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 My PC Hanged/Freezed then no more POST of bios




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
why a portable hard drive could sometimes get 'freezed'
sometimes, without doing anything special, the portable drive (which is very new, bought less than a month) gets 'freezed' up, what i mean is, can't access any files, becoming windows crash, waiting forever or reboot the windows. But after some reboot, the portable drive becomes OK again. I d like...
Hardware & Devices
My Pc hanged :(
Hi every 1.. I need some help.. I have an old P4-ht System (hp compaq dc 7600) The problem is when i boot my pc.. It suddenly hanged and lines came on my Lcd Monitor :( It only works when i remove its Cmos battery and put it back.. it works fine but after day or two it again doing the same...
Hardware & Devices
Problems with Nvidia gpu post BIOS system BIOS update.
Hello all, this is my first time posting here so please forgive any mistakes/oversights. I've just updated my Samsung laptop's system BIOS via their software update program, and my Nvidia GPU (GT 650m DDR3) no longer seems to work. The Nvidia control panel is still there, and it still gives me...
Graphic Cards
system hanged problem
my system gets hanged and fan also gets overheated please help me how to solve this problem
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
opera freezed.
Opera freezed, and i uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and it freezed again.
Browsers & Mail
PC hanged while resizing partition C, help please
Hi there, Yesterday I tried to increase partition C with Easeus. I did it successfully a couple of months ago. Today (after 16 hours of processing) the PC still reads 55% total progress, 10% current operation, 100% preparing operation. Please help!
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App