Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I can't connect wireless network , after re-installing windows 7

09 Mar 2012   #1
mcmar

Windows 7, x64
 
 
I can't connect wireless network , after re-installing windows 7

Hey.. I've currently downloaded Windows 8.. And it took over all my Windows 7 files, and made a map Window.old.. Well,

I went to the store to buy a New Windows 7.. And after i installed it, i noticed that i'm missing alot of features that i had on my notebook before i started re-installing/installing windows 8?


It's missing my camera software, where i can take snapshots of myself, and i cannot connect wireless, i have to stay wired.. It seems like im running a windows version that are made for normall computers, not notebook?

well, any idea what i can install to fix my Wireless network, thats really all i want to get done.. To fix my wireless network like i can connect to the internet wireless, and not wired as i am now..


Thanks alot for answers!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Mar 2012   #2
BisVal

Win 7 Ult 64-bit
 
 

You have to reinstall also the manufacture's drivers for your additional hardware - WiFi, camera etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2012   #3
mcmar

Windows 7, x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BisVal View Post
You have to reinstall also the manufacture's drivers for your additional hardware - WiFi, camera etc.
Thanks for the really quick answer.. But what can i do if i lost the CDs... ? Can i install them from the network, and how do i know what i need to install?

Thanks again , really apreciated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Mar 2012   #4
dreamer

Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mcmar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BisVal View Post
You have to reinstall also the manufacture's drivers for your additional hardware - WiFi, camera etc.
Thanks for the really quick answer.. But what can i do if i lost the CDs... ? Can i install them from the network, and how do i know what i need to install?

Thanks again , really apreciated.

You can download all the said drivers from the manufacturer website.If you fill out all your system specs it would be easier for us to help you.

Edit: Download free version of this software http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

It will give you all the details you need to know about your system.That way you can easily google and search for your system drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2012   #5
mcmar

Windows 7, x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mcmar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BisVal View Post
You have to reinstall also the manufacture's drivers for your additional hardware - WiFi, camera etc.
Thanks for the really quick answer.. But what can i do if i lost the CDs... ? Can i install them from the network, and how do i know what i need to install?

Thanks again , really apreciated.

You can download all the said drivers from the manufacturer website.If you fill out all your system specs it would be easier for us to help you.
OK, ill try to find some software which can say my specs.. thanks dude
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2012   #6
dreamer

Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mcmar View Post

OK, ill try to find some software which can say my specs.. thanks dude

Just to let you know I updated my previous post.

And you are welcome.Any more queries just ask away.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2012   #7
mcmar

Windows 7, x64
 
 

Connected through Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

cant seem to find any1 :s
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2012   #8
dreamer

Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mcmar View Post
I've got UniBlue 2012, paid version... would that do evrything for me >_>?
I searched for this Uniblue and i wouldn't trust these driver sweeper/scanner software.

Best option is to download speccy,take a note of all your system specs and directly visit manufacturer websites to download and install drivers.IMO
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2012   #9
mcmar

Windows 7, x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mcmar View Post
I've got UniBlue 2012, paid version... would that do evrything for me >_>?
I searched for this Uniblue and i wouldn't trust these driver sweeper/scanner software.

Best option is to download speccy,take a note of all your system specs and directly visit manufacturer websites to download and install drivers.IMO
Connected through Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)


cant find this one .. :@, it seems like its DISABLED, the wifi.. how to turn it on.. ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2012   #10
dreamer

Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mcmar View Post
Connected through Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

cant seem to find any1 :s
Its easy no need to search for drivers.Just follow these steps:

Click on start-right click on computer-select device manager.

In device manager window there is an icon for "scan for hardware changes".Just click on that icon.Windows will automatically scan your hardware and download the required drivers for your wireless and Ethernet driver.But for bluetooth and your sound/video graphic card you need to download from manufacturer website.


I have attached the relevant screenshot indicating the "scan for hardware" icon.


Attached Images
I can't connect wireless network , after re-installing windows 7-capture.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I can't connect wireless network , after re-installing windows 7




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network
She keeps loosing connection, then has to wait until it decides it can connect again. She would wait about five minutes and then click on something and would gain access. http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324598-win-7-hp-computer-keeps-dropping-connect-won-t-reconnect.html the ...
Network & Sharing
Windows 7 x64 can't connect to wireless network
Hey guys. I have 9 computers and they all are in the same network. Until yesterday everything was fine, I had internet on all computers, today suddenly 2 computers out of 9 couldn't connect to the wireless network (router is HUAWEI HG655b) and those 2 computers are the only ones which are...
Network & Sharing
Can see wireless network but won't connect
Can anyone please help. I have 3 computers all running 64bit Windows Home premium all have 802.11n cards. 2 have no problem connecting to the wireless network the 3rd can see the network but won't connect or has the dreaded yellow exclamation mark with limited connectivity. This seems to be...
Network & Sharing
Windows 7 cannot connect to Wireless network
Dear Forum members, I relocated to a new apartment and have been having problems connecting to the wireless router there. The laptop sees the network but it cannot connect to it In my former house, I was connecting to the wireless network without problems. I have tried so many things which...
Network & Sharing
Laptop won't connect to wireless network on Windows 7: Please Help!
Hi, I am having trouble connecting my girlfriends laptop to the internet using her Windows 7 laptop via a Dlink router with Virgin Media. The laptop previously had Windows Vista installed but I recently upgraded it to Windows 7. For about 2 weeks the laptop connected to the wireless router...
Network & Sharing
New Windows 7 Desktop won't connect to Wireless Network
Hi there (my first post and it's an important one!) I just bought a brand new desktop PC and had an ASUS PCE-N13 300Mbps wireless adapter installed. However, it seems as though Windows 7 won't let it connect to my router (Belkin N150 - only recently purchased too). It shows on the task bar...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App