Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Win 7 powered off unexpectively

22 Aug 2009   #1

windows 7
 
 
Win 7 powered off unexpectively

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 22/08/2009 13:21:48
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Windows 7
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-08-22T12:21:48.250000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>5383</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Windows 7</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>


Any hints

Thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

When did it happen? Did it happen after you put the computer into hibernation? More details are needed - list everything you can think of that you were doing, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2009   #3

Window 7 build 7600, Xp pro(VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bonesdoll View Post
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 22/08/2009 13:21:48
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Windows 7
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-08-22T12:21:48.250000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>5383</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Windows 7</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>


Any hints

Thanks
Which build are you using?..
I seems to me that it has been caused by power fluctuation.....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Aug 2009   #4

windows 7
 
 

The pc powered off while in use I was browsing the internet at the time
Build Window 7 Ultimate
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Aug 2009   #5

Window 7 build 7600, Xp pro(VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bonesdoll View Post
The pc powered off while in use I was browsing the internet at the time
Build Window 7 Ultimate
Ya I got that part.
That problem was caused by power failure must have been some loose connection.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2009   #6

Windows 7 RC1 64bit
 
 

Just thinking could it be the CPU over heating?
Most mobos will power off the PC if certin components get above a set temp.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2009   #7

Windows 7 RC
 
 

I had an Antec 450W power supply do this to me before. Intermittantly my system would just shut off, typically during anything intensive such as gaming or encoding video.
Replaced with a new OCZ 500W and the problem went away.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #8

Window 7 build 7600, Xp pro(VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MaDDN3ss View Post
I had an Antec 450W power supply do this to me before. Intermittantly my system would just shut off, typically during anything intensive such as gaming or encoding video.
Replaced with a new OCZ 500W and the problem went away.
You were running those hardware with 450 w power supply!!........
Unbelievable...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #9

Windows 7 RC
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by septprince View Post
You were running those hardware with 450 w power supply!!........
Unbelievable...
No... I was referring to an older system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 powered off unexpectively





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Win 7 powered off unexpectively
Thread Forum
Solved Is it worth to buy an AC-Powered USB Hub? Hardware & Devices
How many HDD run off powered HUB? Hardware & Devices
is my system under powered? BSOD Help and Support
computer powered car! Chillout Room
No boot unless powered down. General Discussion
Benefits of GPU-powered HTML5 News
Bus-Powered USB HUB is detected as Self-Powered Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33