I'm new to the forums, but I find myself coming to this site a lot to fix my windows computer, so heck why not join?! Problem
Recently, my computer starts up windows and after the loading screen it just sits at a black screen forever with a cursor
and it doesn't even make it to the log in screen. I have tried safe mode with the same results. What I've Done So Far
- Tried to Repair Startup with Windows DVD
- Tried to use sfc /scannow at boot (Says pending changes and needs to restart)
- Tried logging into my Ubuntu partition and virus scanning (None found)
- Tried copying Reg Files from Regback into config while I was in Linux
- Tried to Repair Install (But I can't log into Windows )
- Tried to bootrec /fixmbr /fixbot /RebuildBcd (Which destroyed my dual boot linux grub, but I was desperate. And still nothing) Interestingly though, after I do /RebuildBcd command it says something like "Found Windows Installations: 0"
- Tried to System Restore (Gave me an Error, wouldn't you know)
At this point I'm not to confident that this can be fixed. If anyone has any ideas I'm willing to try. Or if you have any snazzy suggestions on how I could fix it using another computer, I have a different Windows Pro x64 computer that I can put the HD in if there's someway I can save my data/fix it/repair install from there. I just don't know how.
Edit: I finished the chkdsk and there were no bad sectors, though it did give me a message "Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50."
I did a Windows Defender Offline scan with no viruses and I'm currently scanning with Kaspersky Rescue disk. I don't believe it is a virus, I think it's a corrupt registry at this point. I had just cleaned my registry with CCleaner before the shutdown that led to this >.<
Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.