Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why my PC couldn't wake up from sleep?


23 Aug 2009   #1

Windows 7 Pro x64 RTM
 
 
Why my PC couldn't wake up from sleep?

I'm using the default "Balance" plan, which after 30 mins... it goes to sleep, well I practically hit every keys on the keyboard, moved the mouse right/left clicks, nada....hit the power button once, nada...and eventually hitting the power button on the 3rd time and PC restarted and I got an error message the PC was not shutdown properly previously.

What else could I try? How do you guys wake up your PC from sleep? or is there something I need to change in the power plan/bios?

Thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Aug 2009   #2

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

I'd love to help, but you need to fill out your specs first.. Help us help you..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Aug 2009   #3

 

You could disable the stupid USB legacy support in the stupid BIOS. I would know if this was a stupid suggestion if you filled out the stupid system specs.

Strange Windows 7 Problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Aug 2009   #4

Windows 7 Pro x64 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
I'd love to help, but you need to fill out your specs first.. Help us help you..
Thanks!

Quote:
You could disable the stupid USB legacy support in the stupid BIOS. I would know if this was a stupid suggestion if you filled out the stupid system specs.
NO USB!

OK, I've got:
Q6600
4GB Ram
GA-P35 DS3R Gigabyte Motherboard
Radeon 2600 Pro video card
WD Black Edition Hard drives
Linksys WRT54GL router with Tomato firmware (not using wireless function)


Oh, I just tried again just now and somehow by selecting "No password is needed to wake up the PC" under Password protection on wakeup, I now can wake my PC by pressing the mouse, but I'm getting this error Event ID 12 HAL, how?

Thanks in advance for helping, just got too excited about this new RTM and trying too many things at one time, lol....but it's a wonderful OS, Windows 7 that is!




Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-HAL
Date: 8/23/2009 6:36:41 PM
Event ID: 12
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: (1)
User: N/A
Computer: C2Q-01
Description:
The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-HAL" Guid="{63D1E632-95CC-4443-9312-AF927761D52A}" />
<EventID>12</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000001</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-08-24T01:36:41.528139200Z" />
<EventRecordID>2431</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="3808" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>C2Q-01</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="Count">1</Data>
<Data Name="FirstPage">14</Data>
<Data Name="LastPage">14</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Aug 2009   #5

Windows 7 rtm
 
 

ok hear is what you do get a air horn put it next to your speaker and blow and then shout wake up you darn lazy pc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Aug 2009   #6

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ben07 View Post
...NO USB!...
10-7


Attached Thumbnails
Why my PC couldn't wake up from sleep?-capture.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Aug 2009   #7

Windows 7 Pro x64 RTM
 
 

Ops, sorry Antman. I thought you meant removing any USB devices connected to my PC...OK I will go into bios to disable that USB Legacy and will test and report back.

Thanks again for helping.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Aug 2009   #8

Windows 7 Pro x64 RTM
 
 

OK, disabling the Legacy USB has no effect, still HAL 12 Error...

I think maybe this is a case of my MB not liking S3(STR) in ACPI Suspend Type under bios, cause using S1(POS), I got no Error, but my PC is not really "Sleep", here is why:


Bios - Power Management - ACPI Suspend Type = S3(STR) (Default)
Error 12 HAL
PC goes into full sleep, everything is shutdown, can wake up PC ONLY by double clicking the mouse.

Bios - Power Management - ACPI Suspend Type = S1(POS)
NO Error
However, I could still hear all the fans spinning, wake up PC by simply touching the keyboard or mouse.

What ACPI in bios are you guys using? S3 or S1?

Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Aug 2009   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ben07 View Post
Thanks!

NO USB!

OK, I've got:
Q6600
4GB Ram
GA-P35 DS3R Gigabyte Motherboard
Radeon 2600 Pro video card
WD Black Edition Hard drives
Linksys WRT54GL router with Tomato firmware (not using wireless function)


Oh, I just tried again just now and somehow by selecting "No password is needed to wake up the PC" under Password protection on wakeup, I now can wake my PC by pressing the mouse, but I'm getting this error Event ID 12 HAL, how?

Thanks in advance for helping, just got too excited about this new RTM and trying too many things at one time, lol....but it's a wonderful OS, Windows 7 that is!




Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-HAL
Date: 8/23/2009 6:36:41 PM
Event ID: 12
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: (1)
User: N/A
Computer: C2Q-01
Description:
The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-HAL" Guid="{63D1E632-95CC-4443-9312-AF927761D52A}" />
<EventID>12</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000001</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-08-24T01:36:41.528139200Z" />
<EventRecordID>2431</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="3808" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>C2Q-01</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="Count">1</Data>
<Data Name="FirstPage">14</Data>
<Data Name="LastPage">14</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
by filling out you specs they meant on your profile so they just have to click the button under your posts and they seem them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2009   #10

Windows 7 Pro x64 RTM
 
 

Woot, I got it to work now in S3(STR) with NO Error.....at first I thought updating the Bios to the latest would solve the problem, I updated to the latest F13 and still the same Error 12 HAL.

Simply by changing the "Allow hybrid sleep" from ON to OFF (Under Balance Plan) solves the problem, no error and everything shutdown and can wake/resume by double clicking of the mouse!

I hope this is useful for those who are also experiencing the same problem!


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Why my PC couldn't wake up from sleep?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Why my PC couldn't wake up from sleep?
Thread Forum
PC Won't wake from sleep Drivers
No Wake From Sleep BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T BSOD Help and Support
Wake up from sleep Performance & Maintenance
Sleep Wake Sleep Wake Windows Updates & Activation
Solved A sleep I can't wake up from. General Discussion
win 7 won't wake up after sleep BSOD Help and Support
Cannot wake from S3 Sleep General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33