Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Time and Theme

31 Mar 2012   #1
TheManc

Windows 7 32 Bit
 
 
Time and Theme

I'm still having this problem where the time resets itself upon start up and also my aero theme changes colour. I have a desktop computer and what I have noticed, when booting it up, it makes three beep noises and that's a worry. Now, I have tried changing the time and it does work for a day mind you, but it's not a permanent fix. I have also scanned for viruses and used malware bytes, but to no avail.

Please help


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Mar 2012   #2
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheManc View Post
I'm still having this problem where the time resets itself upon start up and also my aero theme changes colour. I have a desktop computer and what I have noticed, when booting it up, it makes three beep noises and that's a worry. Now, I have tried changing the time and it does work for a day mind you, but it's not a permanent fix. I have also scanned for viruses and used malware bytes, but to no avail.

Please help
The three beeps you are getting, are they 3 shorts together or do they come with different screens. Normally you will get two beeps on a boot. One at the first screen and one, I believe at the next screen. Fill in your specs so that we know what kind of PC you have. That makes a difference on your beeps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2012   #3
TheManc

Windows 7 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheManc View Post
I'm still having this problem where the time resets itself upon start up and also my aero theme changes colour. I have a desktop computer and what I have noticed, when booting it up, it makes three beep noises and that's a worry. Now, I have tried changing the time and it does work for a day mind you, but it's not a permanent fix. I have also scanned for viruses and used malware bytes, but to no avail.

Please help
The three beeps you are getting, are they 3 shorts together or do they come with different screens. Normally you will get two beeps on a boot. One at the first screen and one, I believe at the next screen. Fill in your specs so that we know what kind of PC you have. That makes a difference on your beeps.
It beeps once with the Packard Bell default display and then a black screen appears, then it beeps twice and loads the Packard Bell Default display again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Mar 2012   #4
alphanumeric
Microsoft MVP

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

One short beep is normal for a POST with no errors. Anything else usually indicates a hardware problem. The duration (short beep or long beep), number of beeps and order of the beeps means something if you know how to look them up. If you are loosing your date and time I suspect that your CMOS/BIOS motherboard battery is in need of replacement.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2012   #5
TheManc

Windows 7 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
One short beep is normal for a POST with no errors. Anything else usually indicates a hardware problem. The duration (short beep or long beep), number of beeps and order of the beeps means something if you know how to look them up. If you are loosing your date and time I suspect that your CMOS/BIOS motherboard battery is in need of replacement.
I strongly doubt my battery needs replacement, I've only had this computer for a matter of five months, it isn't that old. I thought it was infected with some sort of worm etc., but I have done numerous scans. It's extremely annoying because it's a temporary fix when you alter the time back to its usual settings, but then when I switch it off and wake up the next morning, I find out that my computer beeps as mentioned and the power button is illuminated before I even press it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2012   #6
alphanumeric
Microsoft MVP

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

You can end up with a dead battery even in a "new" system. Depending on when the motherboard was manufactured it could have sit on the shelf for a long time. Or you just got unlucky and got a dud battery, it happens. They are very inexpensive to buy. The CMOS battery maintains the date and time stored in the BIOS when the PC is turned off. One of the first signs of a failing battery is the date and time being off. It will also result in other BIOS settings being lost, like the boot order etc, and it can result in a BIOS error or beep during the POST. If you go into the BIOS and disable the "fast boot" or "quick boot" option, you may actually see an error message that may help you sort this out. You may also have to turn off the "display full screen logo" option, if you bios has it to see whats going on during the POST.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2012   #7
TheManc

Windows 7 32 Bit
 
 

Alright, now I understand. I did what you requested me to do. I'll report back tomorrow because, like I said, it changes the time etc. when I turn it off last thing of the day.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2012   #8
alphanumeric
Microsoft MVP

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

There is no guarantee that this is the only problem, but if it is, its an easy fix. I wouldn't think it has anything to do with your Aero theme changing color though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2012   #9
TheManc

Windows 7 32 Bit
 
 

I'm still getting the same problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2012   #10
1Bowtie

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Very possible hdd going bad, i would backup all important data just in case it won't start at all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Time and Theme




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
White Background Folder Internet Theme Windows 7 Anime Theme
So I downloaded this theme right here: Sword Art Online/SAO - V2 My question is, how do I change my default white background folder to the custom anime one they have it made (on the 3rd picture with the pink hair girl)? I want to be able to know how to fix this so I can change it in the...
Themes and Styles
[THEME] [REQUEST] Halo 4 theme (with curser, loading wheel, etc...)
As the title states can some one make this or direct me to a good one
Themes and Styles
'Please Wait' time period during theme change
Hello everyone, since I could not find an answer anywhere else, let me ask you if there is a way to get rid of the "Please Wait" time period between theme changes that freezes your computer till the new theme is applied. I'm new to Win7 but I remember that problem from previous versions of...
Themes and Styles
Windows 7 Home Premium basic theme is slow but aero theme is fast?
Hi all, For the past few days, if not a week now, I've noticed that when I switch to Basic theme for RAM intesive programs like Adobe After Effects, Windows is quite slow, almost running as though my laptop is 1GB not 2GB RAM. Though when I switch to Aero theme, Windows is only slightly slower...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 Metadata Enhanced Wallpapers via New Harvest Time Theme
More - Windows 7 Metadata Enhanced Wallpapers via New Harvest Time Theme - Softpedia
Chillout Room
Is it possible to change your theme at a certain time of day?
Is there anyway to use Task Scheduler (or anything else) to change my theme at a certain time of the day? I want to know if I could have my computer automatically change the theme to a sunrise at around 6:00 AM, and then after about an hour to a random theme, at 8:00 PM change to a sunset theme,...
Themes and Styles

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

İ Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:15.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App