Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: RecEnv.exe Application Error

16 Apr 2012   #41
ConMac

Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP SP3
 
 

I backed up the Win7 system partition, and a data partition, to an external HD. The system partition is 150 GB, with about 80GB free.

When I set up my dual-boot system, I had to hide the Win7 partitions from XP because XP was erasing my Win7 restore points. Can you remind me again; how do I permit XP to see and access the Win7 partitions? I did not create a boot disk with EaseUS Todo Backup, which I have installed on XP.

As you can tell from the screenshot, XP cannot see the two Win7 partitions because they both show 100% free space, when I know that there is data on both of them. Also, I labeled them "Windows 7". The Win7 system partition (D:) is marked "Active" and the XP System partition (C:) is marked "System."

I was able to create another option in the Boot Manager - an EaseUS Todo Backup Linux boot option. When I boot into this, and attach my USB external HD, I do have an option for restoring the system image I made 2 weeks ago.

Is a boot disk required? What I have done in the past with other systems is do a fresh install of the OS, load the backup software on the system, and then restore a previously backed up system partition using that software. Thanks again!




Attached Thumbnails
RecEnv.exe Application Error-disk-management.jpeg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Apr 2012   #42
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ConMac View Post
I backed up the Win7 system partition, and a data partition, to an external HD. The system partition is 150 GB, with about 80GB free.

When I set up my dual-boot system, I had to hide the Win7 partitions from XP because XP was erasing my Win7 restore points. Can you remind me again; how do I permit XP to see and access the Win7 partitions? I did not create a boot disk with EaseUS Todo Backup, which I have installed on XP.
In win7 you can go into diskmanagement. Right click on a partition and assign a drive letter to it. In winxp it's just the same I assume. 100% is very strange!!! Is it still 100% after assigning drive letters?
Quote:
As you can tell from the screenshot, XP cannot see the two Win7 partitions because they both show 100% free space, when I know that there is data on both of them. Also, I labeled them "Windows 7". The Win7 system partition (D is marked "Active" and the XP System partition (C is marked "System."
winxp is on disk1 and win7 is on disk0. D is active so has the bootmenu and bootmanager. Did you create the backup after creating all boot entries?

Quote:
I was able to create another option in the Boot Manager - an EaseUS Todo Backup Linux boot option. When I boot into this, and attach my USB external HD, I do have an option for restoring the system image I made 2 weeks ago.

Is a boot disk required? What I have done in the past with other systems is do a fresh install of the OS, load the backup software on the system, and then restore a previously backed up system partition using that software. Thanks again!
restore from that EaseUS Todo Backup Linux boot option. Be sure to mark D as active (maybe automatically). But first save important win7 document on winxp disk!

If all is working fine... make win7 disk invisible in winxp, so restore points don't get deleted. If Win7 doesn't boot... do a startup repair.

Check in winxp and win7 if partitions have the drive letters you want. If not change it the way you want it to be.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2012   #43
ConMac

Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP SP3
 
 

"winxp is on disk1 and Windows 7 is on disk0. D is active so has the bootmenu and bootmanager. Did you create the backup after creating all boot entries?"

Yes. This configuration is how I set it up originally.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Apr 2012   #44
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ConMac View Post
"winxp is on disk1 and Windows 7 is on disk0. D is active so has the bootmenu and bootmanager. Did you create the backup after creating all boot entries?"

Yes. This configuration is how I set it up originally.
Are you going to restore partitions to the same place as they're now? I don't have knowledge of EaseUS Todo Backup, but I think it doesn't recreate the partitions. I hope the active flag will stay. Otherwise Partition - Mark as Active Method 2
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2012   #45
ConMac

Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP SP3
 
 

If I restore the Win7 system image, can't I just restore it to the existing partition? This is a snapshot using MiniTool Partition Wizard.


Attached Thumbnails
RecEnv.exe Application Error-disk-mgt..jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2012   #46
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ConMac View Post
If I restore the Win7 system image, can't I just restore it to the existing partition? This is a snapshot using MiniTool Partition Wizard.
I don't know EaseUS Todo Backup so maybe (most likely) this is possible. Win7 partition is flagged active now, but that is not needed!! System boots from winxp partition!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2012   #47
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ConMac View Post
If I restore the Win7 system image, can't I just restore it to the existing partition?
Yes you can!! Just do it
http://www.todo-backup.com/download/docs/User_Guide.pdf
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2012   #48
ConMac

Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP SP3
 
 

Will do. I will keep you posted.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2012   #49
ConMac

Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP SP3
 
 

None of the above suggestions worked, so I restored a system backup that I made two weeks before this issue began using EaseUS Todo Backup. This great bit of software installed a boot option that permitted me to recover my system...and so far it is stable (keeping my fingers crossed!). Thanks again for all your help! Cheers!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 RecEnv.exe Application Error




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
cmd.exe application error - application was unable to start correctly
cmd.exe application error - application was unable to start correctly (0x0000142). Click ok to close the application Anyone know why it happened? I got this error when I tried to restart to install an update. However, in windows update, it showed I had nothing to update. There was the little...
General Discussion
Application Error Run-Time Error 7 Out of Memory
Hi Forum Users, There is a program that i am trying to install from an xp machine to a windows 7 pc , There is an error which states Run-Time error '7' out of memory when i am trying to open up a database , I have tried to increase the available virtual Ram to 3GB but the same...
Virtualization
Net RunTime Error 1026 followed by game crash application 1000 Error
Hi there, And just when i was thinking the problem is gone here it is whenever i play gta it crashes after 7-40 min different every time i have everything installed all windows updates and all required files so when the game crashes i find the same 2 errors every time in the log : Log Name: ...
Gaming
Avoiding '<application name> is not a valid Win32 application' error.
OK, this is admittedly a strange one... I have used an old (probably a 16-bit) application as my time synchronizer this I've used for quite some time. Its name is TimeRC, and is a great synchronizer as it tracks moon phases along with the time (from selectable, multiple potential time servers)....
General Discussion
application error
hi all...running mcafee...am getting "this application unable to start correctly (Oxc000009a) click ok to close application"....i get this when the computer boots up...not quite sure if my anti virus is working...i have removed the software and re installed mc afee...any suggestions would be great...
Software
application error
The instruction at 0*01590302 referenced memory at 0*458d02cd. The memory could not be read. Click on ok to terminate the program How to solve this problem.?
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App