Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: icons disppearing at taskbar


07 Apr 2012   #1

windows 7 x64 16385
 
 
icons disppearing at taskbar

Icons disppearing at taskbar on windows 7 x64.

I opens 7 or 8 windows for surffing and words and notepad, and aimp.....

But recently some icons diappears at taskbar. I open task manager, and open applications.

I've searched this problem at google several days but could not found any clue.


Any comment would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Apr 2012   #2
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

It may help you to get those back ....
Taskbar - Pin or Unpin a Program
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2012   #3

Winbdows 7 ultimate x64 | Ubuntu 12.04 x64 LTS
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windstory View Post
Icons disppearing at taskbar on windows 7 x64.

I opens 7 or 8 windows for surffing and words and notepad, and aimp.....

But recently some icons diappears at taskbar. I open task manager, and open applications.

I've searched this problem at google several days but could not found any clue.


Any comment would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
What do you mean by that icons disappear? Do they just disappear from the taskbar or are replaced by a generic blank page icon? Are you able to switch to that application after its icon gets 'disappeared'?

if Arc's solution didn't work, try this - Icon Cache - Rebuild
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Apr 2012   #4

windows 7 x64 16385
 
 

Arc/ Thanks but it's not pin proble.

My problem is Aplications' windows are opened and working, not minimized, but at taskbar some icons are missing - I could not see them. But when I open task manger, the missing icons are at the list of application.

EzioAuditore/ I tried it but same state. Anyway, I'll try again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2012   #5
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

The windows are not being minimized ? First try SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker , and then run a full system scan using Malwarebytes.

BTW ... the icons you are talking about, are those notification area icons ? I mean, of this place ?
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 335
Size:  10.2 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2012   #6

windows 7 x64 16385
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
The windows are not being minimized ? First try SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker , and then run a full system scan using Malwarebytes.

BTW ... the icons you are talking about, are those notification area icons ? I mean, of this place ?
Attachment 206091
I clicked minimize button, then aplication windows is disappeared and the icon at taskbar also disappeared.

No not system tray icons.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2012   #7

windows 7 x64 16385
 
 

I tried icon rebuild and "sfc /scaannow", but same state.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2012   #8

Winbdows 7 ultimate x64 | Ubuntu 12.04 x64 LTS
 
 

For how long this has all been happening? Have you tried system restore?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2012   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

i very occasionally have a missing systems tray icon missing, volume mostly but sometimes mse, i restart explorer.exe and that solves it for me, no idea why it happens.
i added restart explorer.exe to desktop context menu and its very simple to correct now.

Explorer - Add "Restart Explorer" to Desktop Context Menu
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2012   #10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windstory View Post
Arc/ Thanks but it's not pin proble.

My problem is Aplications' windows are opened and working, not minimized, but at taskbar some icons are missing - I could not see them. But when I open task manger, the missing icons are at the list of application.

EzioAuditore/ I tried it but same state. Anyway, I'll try again.
Try the following and see if it helps;
1. Right click the taskbar in a blank area.
2. Unlock the taskbar (no check mark in the box)
3. Select properties and review the settings under the "Taskbar"
a. What is the setting for "Taskbar buttons"?
b. Try setting it as "Always combine, hide labels"
4. Select "Apply" and then "OK" your way out.

Test the results and see if the problem has been corrected. If so, then go back and lock the taskbar.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 icons disppearing at taskbar




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: icons disppearing at taskbar
Thread Forum
problem with icons on taskbar (wrong icons or missing icons) Performance & Maintenance
Taskbar icons General Discussion
Win 7 taskbar all icons from start menu on taskbar General Discussion
Solved incorrect icons showing when customising taskbar icons General Discussion
TaskBar Icons Constantly Changing My Icons For Chrome any Help? General Discussion
TaskBar Icons gone General Discussion
Taskbar icons with custom lists, or different taskbar "modes"? Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33