My Passport External HD suddenly failed.
- Replaced cable. Apparently this is not the problem.
- I have tried on another computer with same result.
- Light on HD is on but no sound of turning or no clicking sound.
- HD is recognized only in Disk Management. It does not show up under drives when clicking My Computer, thus I cannot access the drive.
- I downloaded Easeus Data Recovery (Trial) but when scanned does not find drive for Passport.
- I have not contacted WD, but searched their site for solutions/troubleshooting. Basically, they say use data recovery software. I do not want to pay many $$$ to send to a professoinal.
Anyone know of a Data Recovery Software or have ideas how I can access My Passport ? Thanks !
(Note: Passport is only about 15 months old and not really used that much. Not sure I would recommend WD to anyone)